Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Introduce yourself - New members (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34747)

hrishikale16 31-01-2012 08:07 AM

A Maya Modeler From Pune

I am Hrishikesh Kale a 3D Modeler from Pune. Looking for freelance work. I am an Advance Diploma holder in Autodesk Maya2011. Looking forward to freelancing in maya2011.

cgisoul 02-02-2012 04:06 AM

Just saw this topic.

Hi everyone, my name is Miguel and this is my website http://www.mduque.com.
I'm a Portuguese fella who lives in South China, in Macau SAR city (The last Portugal ex-colony that was handed over back to China in 1999).

I'm a professional web designer with 18 years experience in the field. 3D has indeed always been my true passion (since way back in the University days). Only few years back I really started to look into 3D and take it more seriously.

18 years of web design is a lot of design time and I'm looking forward to maybe a career change in few more years, if being 35 is not to old for a start.

The best thing I did was certainly join this community and I look forward to seeing you all around!

Cheers everyone.

bullet1968 02-02-2012 04:13 AM

Welcome mateys...hope you have fun in here...lotsa good people.

cheers bullet

mark_slw 02-02-2012 05:06 PM

Hi,

My name's Mark and I'm an alcoholi...

*whoops* (sorry, wrong forum.) :beer:

... Let's start again shall we. :D

My name's Mark. I'm from London (ish).

I've been playing with various 3D tools as a (very)part-time hobbyist now for a number of years. I actually work as a Systems Consultant by day (that's a fancy name for developer I guess) so by the time I get home I'm usually all computered out (hence the very part of part-time).

I started out many many moons ago in TrueSpace (v4 through v6), then moved on through several versions of LightWave (v6 through v8.5) and landed firmly in Modo land a couple of years back (v301 through v501).

I've now recently started to try and learn a bit of Maya, since whilst Modo is really good as a modeler and static scene renderer, it still sucks at animation, dynamics, particles and all that funky stuff that makes playing in 3D so much more fun.

So, there you have it (in a long, rambling sort of fashion).

I've been around since the year dot here on SM and SLW (I was one of the early moderators on SLW) so you'll no doubt be seeing more of me around here asking really (really) dumbass questions.

Cheers all.
Mark

jsprogg 02-02-2012 07:49 PM

Oh my someone from the dark side ..lol
Welcome Mark and there are no dumbass questions here mate we are happy to help.

tweetytunes 02-02-2012 08:03 PM

Nice to see so many new faces - looks like the site has a fresh new wave of talent coming through again.

Been away again for awhile due to health issues and major life changes. Too all new faces this place is a great place to learn.

ctbram 02-02-2012 10:20 PM

Welcome on board

Jay 02-02-2012 10:27 PM

Is that Mark whom I met in the pub with Dave and Nilla two weeks back??

If Im wrong please accept my apologies

J

mark_slw 03-02-2012 03:48 AM

Hi Jay. It certainly is. How's tricks?

bullet1968 03-02-2012 04:17 AM

Welcome Mark,

Lol I thought I recognised that moniker you have there.....Im with jsprogg......more Sith are arriving...he he he he.

cheers bullet

HerrieB 02-03-2012 05:53 PM

My, myself and I

Hey Everyone,
Proper introduction incoming.

My name is Berry, from Holland. 30 years old!
5 years ago i took an education as 3D producer. All nice and dandy and passed with flying stars.
The class only took only 6 months, but after that time i had a good grasp of the program.
Just one downside, the program in question wasn´t Maya. It was Maxon´s Cinema 4D

After some personal issues that lasted two years, i wanted to start doing 3d modeling and rendering again. So for the last 2 and a half years i saved up some money to buy a new 3d program.
Researched alot and came to Autodesk Maya. Didn´t have any experience with it, just knew it had a steep learning curve that i was ready to tackle.

For the past 6 months i´ve had Maya, i tryed to get on the same level as i was with C4D. Just playing with it when i had time.
(Read Fulltime job and a wife ;))
Not nearly there, but i´m getting the hang of it.

Thought i´d post an introduction before being active on the forums.

Be seeing you all!!

joverall22 02-03-2012 06:28 PM

Nice to meet you Herrie and welcome to SimplyMaya we hope you enjoy your stay :) I don't have any experience with Cinema but I know some here do so feel free to ask questions and reference Cinema for the most part all 3d programs can do the same thing its just learning how to go about it and sometimes Maya can be infuriating but once you get a hang of it you'll come to love Maya.

Look forward to seeing you around.

pbryd 30-03-2012 11:02 AM

Hi Guys

I thought I'd say hello as a new member here and a new user of Maya.

I'm from the UK and I've decided to study Maya to improve my career prospects in the creative design field.

I've got three of my very first (basic) models here.;)

I'm basically looking for some simple tutorials to take me through the initial stages without getting too complicated too soon.

Cheers

Phil

mark_slw 30-03-2012 06:25 PM

Welcome to the forums Phil (and Herry above).

bullet1968 31-03-2012 12:43 AM

Welcome aboard Phil and Berry....enjoy here...its a good place to learn and make some solid friends.

cheers bullet