Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Introduce yourself - New members (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34747)

GinRinkusu 04-09-2012 09:49 AM

Hey! All the best people are called Jay, thats a scientific fact ;)

ckyuk 18-10-2012 09:32 PM

Hi guys (and girls), not really new here but it's been so long since I've been active I thought I'd introduce myself again for those who are new or those who just forgot me :P First started playing around with Maya and posting here in early 2003. Back then I'd managed to get myself a fancy new computer workstation as a present from my parents and a copy of Alias Maya 4.5. They were full of hopes and dreams of me going to university and starting a career as a CG artist. However I'm sad to say it is something I let them down on, although I tinkered around a bit I was young and lazy and never put enough effort and dedication in to amount to anything. In the end I ended up working as a motor mechanic for VW doing some Maya in spare time. Think I stayed quite active around here untill late 2006/early 2007 when i got caught up in the MMO-RPG World of Warcraft. As my game addiction started to take over my life my Maya work and posts slowly fell away until it was a distant memory. However six years later I'm settled down happly married in my own place and my gaming addiction has finally faded away and only play occasionally. So now with some spare time to fill I've found myself drifting back over to SimplyMaya and taking a look around every few days. Seeing all the wip's and how the attitude still seems friendly and elite free it was only a matter of time before this place convinced me to start dabbling in CG art once again. So if you'll bare with me over the comming months/years here it goes again, my second shot at seeing if I can ever achieve finished projects I can sit back and look at feeling proud I've finally made it as a CG artist.

-Ckyuk-

Chirone 19-10-2012 12:44 AM

Welcome back! (although I don't know if I can say that if you left a year or so before I came...)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckyuk (Post 343346)
Think I stayed quite active around here untill late 2006/early 2007 when i got caught up in the MMO-RPG World of Warcraft.

i hear that game ends/pauses a lot of lives. I've had friends who have taken a year off uni to play it (well.. I don't think they intentionally meant to do that but that's what they ended up doing).

Freerun 08-01-2013 06:36 PM

Hi all

My name is Mariusz and I'm 23 years old 3D Artist from Sweden

See you around;)

Gen 08-01-2013 06:45 PM

Hi Freerun and welcome to SM! Hope to see you around the boards some more! :)

ctbram 08-01-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinRinkusu (Post 341673)
Hey! All the best people are called Jay, thats a scientific fact ;)

Ah this may be so but no matter how bad things get I will always be rich!

NextDesign 08-01-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctbram (Post 345573)
Ah this may be so but no matter how bad things get I will always be rich!

Can I have a pony?

Jay 08-01-2013 10:48 PM

Can I have a name change...and a pony?

Jay

NextDesign 09-01-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 345581)
Can I have a name change...and a pony?

Back off, the pony's mine.

Such intellectual discussions we have here. :P

sampson01 18-01-2013 03:49 PM

Hey guys, my name's Matt, I'm 41 and from WV. I love Maya and would love to have a job as a CG artist. They say if you love your job, you never work a day in your life. I'm up for that. I'm a nurse and do Maya as a hobby. I would love to quit nursing and either do video games or movie production or SOMETHING creative with Maya. Seeing as how my wife is a nurse too, I have been able to devote more time to that end. We'll see what comes of it.

Juanpax 18-01-2013 09:14 PM

Saludos From Puerto Rico!!! Mi name is Juan Pablo. but you can call me J.P. I want to thank you guys for always being there to help y Jay gracias por tu tutorial de chef Ramsey me a ayudado mucho, te admiro and I'm looking forward to download as many tutorials from you and the other mates, godbless you all. :beer:

thewrongvine 19-08-2013 07:52 PM

Hello all.

My name's Mike and I am from New Jersey (though I will be living in Boston soon). I just started learning Maya recently though I have used Blender and 3DS Max slightly in the past. I'm into filmmaking so my main goals with Maya is to integrate 3D visuals with live footage, though I'm also interested in just straight out 3D visuals as well. Perhaps for game usage, too.

MrYeti 27-08-2013 11:50 PM

Hi all, My name's Toby and I hail from good old Victoria down in Australia. I'm 21 and taking a year off work to study Maya using these tutorials. Then I'm looking at an animation course with Animation Mentor.
My long term goal is to start a movie studio in Australia to rival Pixar and Dreamworks... really.

clocker1 04-09-2013 07:26 PM

I'm Fred and I have been out of work for awhile and thought I'd get into Maya to pass the time. I have lurked here for awhile, picking up lots of good stuff from you good people, and for that I thank you! I built models as a kid and always like the hands on type thing so what better model than to make your own parts then put it all together.

Being in my late 40's I was around for the onset of the whole StarWars thing and it hooked me as far as SFX goes. Maya is awesome as far as all it allows you to do. So much to learn though.

Again, thanks for all the know-how i've gotten here!

boybokeh 08-09-2013 03:16 PM

Hola peeps, I'm DJ (almost always gets shortened to Deej). I'm not British, but I live in the UK, I work for an insurance company (ugh) and I'd like to do something creative with my life before insurance kills me.

I'm an absolute noob with more of a design skillset, but I'm hoping Maya will help me bring an extra dimension to my portfolio. Sidenote: As you can see, I also enjoy atrocious puns :)