Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   February Challenge - Speed Machine - CGWolfgang (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35069)

CGWolfgang 17-02-2011 06:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the positive support guys.

Here's another update I'm almost done with the overall design and can go in for the really fine detailing work. Just have to do a rear spoiler, some last bit of detail to the back quarter and rough out the rear anti-gravity emitters.

septopus: I'm trying to do the detail in layers so I'll definitely add more! :happy:

Unfortunately I have a good news and bad news announcement. The good news is I'm finally getting to go to the repair school I've been requesting to go to for about a year now! The bad news is they're probably going to send me sometime next week. So I will definitely not be finishing everything I want to do with this guy if I get to finish at all. I'm not bowing out just yet I'm going to see how far I get. But I'm going to have to make concessions to see if I can finish on time. So no detailing of the interior, the landing skids and the air brakes are iffy.

bullet1968 17-02-2011 08:28 AM

That is coming along nicely mate...I hope you get more done before the new gig man...that would be a shame if you cant!

cheers bullet

CGWolfgang 20-02-2011 12:51 AM

I know what you mean bullet. I really want to finish this competition! I'll be gone for a while with no internet but I'll have my laptop so the Maya training will continue!:nerd:

CGWolfgang 20-02-2011 01:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One more update before I go back through the model to start the fine detailing.

mastone 20-02-2011 01:01 AM

Looks great !!

CGWolfgang 24-02-2011 08:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a quick update before I go to bed.

Quick question though. I'm running 2011 on my home PC but run 2009 on my laptop. Can I access 2011 files with 2009? I know you couldn't before but I'm hoping I can. While I think I'll get to a decent entry by the deadline theres more I want to do to this and if I can take my work with me then I can finish some of it while I'm away. After this is all said and done I'm going to go ahead and texture it and maybe even build a scene around it.

Either way I'm glad this challenge came around I can see where one of my big weaknesses is at in graphics. Pre-modeling prep time and concept building on paper.

tweetytunes 24-02-2011 08:45 AM

When you go to open the file click the box - there is an option to "ignore version" - I think has been there since 2008 - but double check as I no longer have 2009 < on my system - so far I have never had it fail on me between 2010 and 2011.

Anyway - looking good

CGWolfgang 25-02-2011 04:44 AM

Thanks for the head's up tweety! It would be nice to take this guy along with me.

THX1138 26-02-2011 05:33 PM

This is another one of the entries I think also has a good chance of winning. My only suggestion is the entire body needs some fine paneling detail to fill in the bare spots. It's such a big craft, and it would help illustrate how it could have been manufactured.

Anyway, great entry CGwolfgang!