Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What was the last movie you watched? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35325)

Chirone 06-06-2011 10:33 AM

haven't seen rango, but the last movie i saw Coraline just the other night. I've never seen a trailer for it before, never heard anything about it, fully did not know what to expect...

it's SO DAMN AMAZING!!
I can't get over how brilliant the film is!
it's so creepy but just presented sooooo beautifully!
i feel as if something in my life has become more complete

ben hobden 06-06-2011 12:24 PM

I made an effort to get through the Pirates of the Caribbean boxset last weekend. Was actually slightly disappointed on the whole. Though I liked the story of the first, which was probably overall the one I enjoyed most, the stand out part of all three was the sequence in the last one where you first see Johnny Depp on that Island....when it seems like a dream sequence at first, and all the crabs come up and take the ship away...from that point on there was some quite impressive parts....like when they work out that they need to roll the ship upside down and the battle scene in the giant whirlpool.

David 06-06-2011 12:26 PM

Last movie I saw was Cedar Rapids highly recommended!

Dave :)

murambi 07-06-2011 08:42 PM

Just watched from Nada to Prada with the wife.........I daydreamed through the whole movie, since it was movie night I couldnt duck this movie

Chirone 07-06-2011 09:35 PM

was it that boring huh?

saw xmen first class yesterday night, it was pretty cool. I like character development, i know everyone else hates it, but i like it.
i did hate the people behind us talking and letting their phones go off though...

ben hobden 07-06-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chirone (Post 320563)
was it that boring huh?

saw xmen first class yesterday night, it was pretty cool. I like character development, i know everyone else hates it, but i like it.
i did hate the people behind us talking and letting their phones go off though...

ha ha..........

Chirone 26-06-2011 10:47 AM

just watched cloudy with a chance of meatballs
it was halarious!
i wish people were capable of such exaggerated facial expressions as you see in animations... the world would be a much more funny place

mastone 26-06-2011 12:26 PM

True Grit ..........effing awesome

marlonjohn 27-06-2011 07:13 AM

The Social Network, which was pretty interesting.

Jay 27-06-2011 08:54 AM

Ahh yeah True Grit was a brilliant film, even for a remake. Jeff Bridges as Cogburn was great. Also saw Astroboy which was good, and also RED, which was brilliant, I didnt expect half the stuff in it, and John Malkovich was just awsome an absolute nutcase, and you gotta love his pig- funny movie I recommend it.

J

mastone 27-06-2011 09:12 AM

I dare say that the remake of True Grit was better than the original movie and I liked the little interactions between Matt Damon and Jeff Bridges

Nieander 17-09-2011 02:34 AM

Last Movie I watched was The Nimo..
I am crazy about that movie.. If you never ever watch its part I Then must watch it, Such a entertained and Really informative movie.

NextDesign 17-09-2011 04:05 AM

Just finished watching Rango. Nice movie.

At university, we have a Netflix subscription, so we're slowly going through it :) The last one we watched there was "Repo: A Genetic Opera." This movie completely defies description. At the end, you wonder what you just watched. I still have no idea :P

ctbram 17-09-2011 05:09 AM

Megamind and I have watched it like 5 times in the last 3 days.

I don't know why but it cheers me up and every time I watch it I see a dozen new things in the background.

I like the idea of the underdog who's real super power is that he just won't give up.

The music was good too. I like the villian always making these big theatrical entrances.

I would have given the Oscar to the Minion's over melodramatic fake death scene - It's getting warm and cold and light and dark, ack, cough, ack, ack, death roll.

and I want a "forget me stick".

bullet1968 17-09-2011 05:51 AM

Last movie I watched was Red Dog....good Aussie film and a true story. Shows what it was like in the 70's in the same places I work...we are more civilised but the men are the same LOL. All the places you see in the film I have either worked at or been to in Dampier.

cheers bullet

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803061/