Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Gundam Heavyarms (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4125)

M 25-02-2003 04:38 PM

Oh, one other thing wicket so that you can know this when you come back :)... I showed one of your "wing gundam" renders to my brother, and hes like... what is that his toy that hes going to model it from? He thought it was a real model! Just thought you might want to hear that, i actually would think that too for a while if it wasnt dead in a Maya forum :P. Heheheh. I showed it to him through my desktop so it wasnt so obvious :). Alright, cya.

wicket 01-03-2003 03:36 AM

Alrighty I'mn back!!! Should have a update tonight!!! :D
And that is freaking cool that he thought it was a real model!!! Makes me feel good! Hopefully I can fool more people that way! :D Later mates!

wicket 01-03-2003 09:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Alrighty! Here ya go! Let me know if you have C&C! If something looks funny or sweet!!! I'll add some fine tuning details later but any ideas are nice! :) Later

wicket 01-03-2003 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Open doors!

wicket 01-03-2003 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And the back!:beer:

M 01-03-2003 10:04 AM

WICKET IS BACK... WOOOOOO PARTY ON. heheheh

This is great wicket, you sure are coming along fast... something about the doors now, just look too "toonish" (could be me though). Other than that, great job so far! Heh, nice joints as well. Glad to see ya back, you should DEFINATELY join the march challenge, futuristic robots/machines :D.

wicket 01-03-2003 07:40 PM

hehehhe thanks mate! I think I may try to harden some of the border edges on the doors to see if that fixes the "toonish" look... I looked at the pic and see what you mean so I'll check that out! As for the comp. I'm way ahead of ya and thinking of my idea! I may do "my" Gundam or just a really big robot... I like the Gundams though so I'm leaning that way more! What do you think?!?! Anyways I should have the shoulders done soon awith some fine tuning here and there! Later mate!

wicket 02-03-2003 05:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As promised! :D Got the shoulders done and did some fine tuning! On to the arms!

wicket 02-03-2003 05:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Only half the reason he's called Heavyarms! :cool:

wicket 02-03-2003 05:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
1 more showing the back with new stuff and detail!

wicket 02-03-2003 05:39 AM

p.s.
)v( did I fix the toony look?... I hardend some of the edges and it looked better but now I can't tell cause I've been staring at it too long... hmmm Let me know what ya'll think so far!

wicket 02-03-2003 06:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here's a little animation test of the chest gatlins... I made it earlier today to see kinda how they'll look... minus the FX and bullets flying! :eek:

Hidalgo 02-03-2003 07:03 AM

This is looking really nice.

I have a question: Is this nurbs or polys?

And could you post a wireframe? I'm really curious how you are creating this guy.

Thanks

wicket 02-03-2003 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thx! I'm modeling all the gundams in Polys! I suck at NURBS and don't want these Gundams to suck because of it! :D And yes here's a wireframe for ya! :beer:

wicket 02-03-2003 10:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Alrighty got the arms done! :yipee: I'll add the hands later cause I'm cheating and using the same ones from the Wing Gundam.:eek: Well I'm gonna pass out on my keyboa.... :sleep: ohhhh sorry!:banghead: :D Anyways here it is with a Gundam pilot to get the feel for it and where he enters into this thing! :D Later mates! :bgreen: