Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Simply3Dworld.com - LOGO help (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4493)

David 10-03-2003 08:13 PM

alll way ppl there all mushroomgod's images i belive

doodle 10-03-2003 08:54 PM

Whay not use maya's dragon, lightwaves wasp and max's cyberdog in the header seeing as it the home for all those sites?

:)

ragecgi 10-03-2003 08:55 PM

Good point too z1mmnd14.....

Kevin 10-03-2003 09:38 PM

hmm some nice ideas here! maybe random it every time it is visited dave? lol

btw guys - credits will come in the form of "if i am asked" and if we do a "staff" or credit page :)

mtmckinley 10-03-2003 09:39 PM

I use a random script at my site for the different ToonMike pics on the News Page... kinda simple, so don't know if it'd work for you guys, but feel free to check the source out if you'd like. :)

Kevin 10-03-2003 09:45 PM

yeah we already use random images on the main page for the "random image area" so wouldnt be to hard for our david :)

might have to mick your valentine toon mike lol

David 10-03-2003 10:50 PM

random headers would be great on the main home i think simple to do as well

David :)

LSphinx 10-03-2003 11:27 PM

hey guys, you just read my mind..!! lol
random headders would be the best thing!! :)
I also thing that brain's robot would be the best thing ever to be on that headder(sorry guys, that's just my oppinion), you know.. like --> half-meshed and half-rendered??...!! you know what I mean.. :D
thanx :banana:

Ultragames 10-03-2003 11:53 PM

OK. Heres my idea.

1: Random page. The banner can not be changed by a random image script, because it is not all one image is it??

2: There is a site I found a while back, in which you could choose the lay out you wanted. So mabey you could put something under the header, links to other layouts. Then someone could right a script, that remembered which one you chose, and always use that header.

I think some sort of car is needed like Muchroomgod submited. Also, wouldn't something to do with a 3d cube be most proper?

Kevin 10-03-2003 11:57 PM

we can easy cut the image area to make it random np :)

we are working on multiple skin choices but these are a long way off yet...

cheers mate for your input

LSphinx 11-03-2003 12:04 AM

hey Ultragames,
that is completely no true!!!..
you can make a dinamic select to anything you wish on your page, doesn't metter whether it is an image or a form or a graph...
my Dad wrote his home-page that goes to the news site and steals all the info from it.... , and the funnyest thing about it?, all the info goes exactly where he programmed it to do, including pictures..
that's it, I'm done... lol :D

Ultragames 11-03-2003 12:09 AM

oooohhhhh! Bash!

Considering I am a profetional web designer, i know what im talking about. So I think you must have read what I said wrong or something.

What im saying, is that the random image script they have, will not work for multiple images unless modified. Now I could help out with this if needed, I am a programer also. As far as the CGI script needed for the 'Choose you own layout' thing I suggested, im no help.

This is more in )v('s turff, but what about a challenge. Once the first few layouts are picked for the random header, we could have a competition every month to get a new one.

Kevin, when is rages header going up?

LSphinx 11-03-2003 12:13 AM

i apologize if I missunderstood you... :)
my Dad does everything in ASP.net, so i gues that's why he can do more stuff there... :D
thanx

Ultragames 11-03-2003 12:16 AM

np. I dont mean to sound rude.

You got a site?
Seen mine?

LSphinx 11-03-2003 12:23 AM

nop, sorry, I had one but I figured >>why tha hell do i need it<< 'cause I really had nothing to post on there..
and my Dad, he has one, but its on the intranet..
i'll probably get myself a web-site again.. (doing do much modeling lately... know I mean?? :D)
allright, i'll be back aprox in 2 hours or tomorrow.. so peace everyone, and be cool... :D........ bye
thnx