Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   1 On 1 Battles (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   jklaroe v.s. M - Gun/Weapon (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4900)

twisteddragon33 03-04-2003 12:24 AM

looks like a modified AR-15.. but more sleek.

M 03-04-2003 12:43 AM

looks like my ass

I-Iybrid 03-04-2003 01:13 AM

Your ass looks like that M? Wow....changed my perspective on you. :p

M 03-04-2003 01:37 AM

LOL, hahaha, i knew that would of backfired :P. Whaaa.

twisteddragon33 03-04-2003 03:45 AM

Maybe you should.. see a chiropractor or something... just a thought

M 04-04-2003 06:35 AM

Sorry Josh, I havent had ANY time in the last couple days to model.. i had relatives over each day and the last thing i am going to do is leave them to sit and go model :P. I will have time tommorow, and over the weekend. Dont think i stopped ;). Alright, now i have to go translate a paragraph of english into japanese :(... cya.

adldesigner 04-04-2003 07:03 AM

Originally posted by M
Sorry Josh, I havent had ANY time in the last couple days to model.. i had relatives over each day and the last thing i am going to do is leave them to sit and go model :P. I will have time tommorow, and over the weekend. Dont think i stopped ;). Alright, now i have to go translate a paragraph of english into japanese :(... cya.

Come on now lad! He will gut ya for Christ sake, get moving ...
<adldesigner just saw From Hell, and is kinda ... eh violent atm>

M 04-04-2003 07:14 AM

LOL...... roger that!

twisteddragon33 04-04-2003 03:37 PM

what are you doing here? I bilieve that was an order!

M 05-04-2003 12:20 AM

I have came to a decision with jklaroe and we decided to postpone the battle, seeing i have been extremely busy, and josh cant work on it this weekend. So the battle will end next friday, this wont happen often, this was just an agreement both of us have made and thats that. Hope thats ok kevin :). Cya.

twisteddragon33 05-04-2003 05:43 PM

... breaking the rules:)

M 08-04-2003 12:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, here are a couple images of my gun so far. I have a few more creases to make and more detail and then im cutting it up and will start on the machinery. :D. C&C welcome.

M 08-04-2003 12:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here is a wire :D

M 09-04-2003 06:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeaaaa, basically i finally got hooked on this gun and i am able to get some time into it.. now that a bit of pressure is off my back :D. I should have the inside part modelled to make it more of a shell tommorow. Then i will work on the machinery :). Ok, C&C welcome.

M 09-04-2003 02:15 PM

Hey, i have a question for someone... you see the holes in the middle, where i cut my mesh? How can i fill these.. do i have to duplicate over the other side of the body, then combine it all and then append it? Or should i extrude edges? Thanks :).

M 10-04-2003 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, a couple more hours into production and i have successfully added thickness to the shell, and tweaked lots of verts :D. Anyways, its ready for me to start adding the acual machinery. C&C please :).

M 10-04-2003 12:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres another view if you werent too sure of what it looked like from the back :). BTW, those shadows in the gun will not be that strong once i am done :P.

I-Iybrid 10-04-2003 12:21 AM

Looking VERY nice M! Especially the very last pic. Keep it up man.

M 10-04-2003 12:23 AM

Thanks a lot hybrid, i really appreciate it :D. I wish you luck on your truck competition :).

I-Iybrid 10-04-2003 12:25 AM

Thnx :)

M 10-04-2003 01:35 AM

Are you going to be finishing this challenge with me jklaroe? Hope so :).. we have until friday :P, i must double efforts... lol.

M 10-04-2003 06:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, finally I have started on the inners of the beast :). Anyways, heres a small update, still a lot of time though at my speed :P.

Vectorman 10-04-2003 07:13 AM

oh wow thats gonna be AWESOME! I love that movie. Don't forget to model the little red button;)

What kinda texture is that? i see you guys use it alot, it just looks really good for modeling

M 10-04-2003 07:15 AM

Oooh, you dont know of Gi_joe plugin? :O. Well, i dont know the exact website name.. but go to search on this forum, and search for GI_JOE. It should bring you up a few things on it, and its a global illumination script that adds tons of directional lights to a scene. Then you pick a color along with other settings and then render out. What you see above is the default lambert shader (grey) and then i have the default GI_Joe settings on. Its really handy. So its not a texture, just lots of lighting. :D, and thanks for the reply. I will be working on this a lot tommorow and friday :).

caligraphics 10-04-2003 03:06 PM

The site where you can get GI_Joe is www.pixho.com

M : Go and turn off "recieve shadows" on your BASE mesh if you are using CPS...

M 11-04-2003 12:04 AM

Hey caligraphics, thanks for the tip :D.. just, one problem. Where is receive shadows and what is CPS :(. And my base mesh? Sorry man, i have just been strictly trying to learn modelling :P. Can anyone answer this? Thanks :).

Emo 11-04-2003 02:24 AM

I'm guessing on this one but maybe select your guh, and press CTRL A?? :confused:

-Emo

M 11-04-2003 02:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks emo! That was exactly what the problem was :D. Anyways, I just did that to the model, but this is a render before i turned receive shadows off.... tell me what you think please... C&C welcome, Its still not done, but if you could say what you think needs tweaking that would be great :).

jklaroe 11-04-2003 03:16 AM

**FNAL RENDER**

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my final render. Sorry that it's not as good as your's M. but I tried my best and I hope you do the same.

M 11-04-2003 03:20 AM

Hah, no man.. i love what you have done! This gun is great for the gun you had to model. I chose a really hard and complicated gun that just took a ton of time :P.. lol. Thankyou though :). We shall see.. you will be the winner if i cant get the final render in :O. I like your render, it came out really nice :). Cya man, thanks for the battle.. i learned a lot in the process. Next time you make up the challenge ;).

Pony 11-04-2003 03:38 AM

Looks really good M. only thing I have noticed is your smothing is a little ruf on the edges of the shell of the gun.. but other than that doing great. just still missing some peaces.. have done a good job with the ref you had to work with. '

would like to see a wire frame of it now whill its open.

M 11-04-2003 04:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks pony :D.. yea i am going to try to smooth that all out, it doesnt actually have any smooth modifier on the shell atm... i just rendered out the basic image. I will have to tweak it though, as it it a bit crude. Thats what happened with my robot in the futuristic robot challenge, it was like a low poly model, but worse.. and with 4 times as many polys :O... not good :P. BTW, heres that wireframe :). It is only half of the model, as when the other half is also there... it gets too messy :P.

M 11-04-2003 04:51 AM

Poly count is 2949 faces so far :O, and that is an updated version of what you see above. So, poly count isnt too high so far :P. If you see anything that you dont like, please post and let me know :). C&C welcome

M 11-04-2003 06:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, sorry for the spurts of updates, i usuallly just update once a day or 2 times a day, but today has been great for me, i had a ton of time and i really got hooked. Each time i thought i was going to wrap up, i posted and then decided ten minutes later that i wanted to continue :D. Anyways, its later at night here, and i need some sleep.. so here is the final render for the day. Its a refrence image to show you how much more really has to be added on :). This challenge will be just the model (which i will finish for tommorow night) and then after that i will bring it to WIP and texture it :D. Ok, g'night.. C&C welcome as always.

Kevin 11-04-2003 07:00 AM

wow guys!!!! thats great work and I must say M - I didnt know you had it in you :D

so Both you final renders right?

Do you want me to open a poll?

Hidalgo 11-04-2003 01:17 PM

Some nice work there guys.

You are getting better and better M!

M 11-04-2003 02:20 PM

noooo
this is NOT a final render! I still have to work on it today.. it ends at midnight tonight :O

other than that, thanks kevin :D... I just never tried to put lots of polys and detail into what i did, now im trying to strategically think over the best ways to do things instead of just doing it :), and hidalgo.. :D, thanks. Cya around the board :).

M 11-04-2003 04:02 PM

FINAL RENDER

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, here is my final render, the shadows had a harsh line... but that is what i will be figuring out next, along with texturing in the WIP section :D. Now we can start up that poll.... either kevin or i will do it when i get back :). Cya.

I-Iybrid 11-04-2003 04:39 PM

Amazing M. Pure amazing. :wow: Nice!

twisteddragon33 11-04-2003 04:39 PM

very cool looking. i cant waitto see it rendered... Wheres the other guys gun? or did i skip over it.