Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   April Challenge Pony normal (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4940)

Pony 02-04-2003 05:30 PM

April Challenge - Pony - Normal

1 Attachment(s)
even though I do not have a computor to run Maya yet I am still coming up with concepts.

Let me know what you think.

C+C

Pony 02-04-2003 06:45 PM

ideas..

1 Attachment(s)
I know the last pic was a little lame but I'm just going over ideas..

How about this ???

cb8rwh 02-04-2003 06:47 PM

woah thats big!! looks good. Very demonic/occult looking

Pony 02-04-2003 06:50 PM

yeah I corected the size already.. LOL sorry..

strarup 02-04-2003 06:57 PM

Hi Pony,

I think it looks good... :)

especially head number 2... I wish I could draw 2d like that... :)

regards

Strarup

Pony 02-04-2003 09:18 PM

next

1 Attachment(s)
still working on it

thanks guys

cb8rwh 02-04-2003 09:23 PM

thats REALLY impressive drawing man!! Looks v scary :)

wicket 02-04-2003 10:13 PM

WOW!!! Looks cool!

strarup 02-04-2003 10:21 PM

Hi Pony,

it looks good... very good... :)

however the the footpart seems a bit out of place with the rest of the body... but I don't know if it is the meaning it should do that... :)

regards

Strarup

Pony 02-04-2003 11:00 PM

strarup, in a way it dose in a way it dosn't.. I'm not really sure.. right now nothing else comes to mind to replace it.. let me know if ya have any ideas on it..

strarup 02-04-2003 11:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Pony,

eh... maybe remove the most back "toe"... or e.g. give it a tiny one on the heel... :)

but I don't know... just an idea... :)

regards

Strarup

schmick 03-04-2003 04:08 AM

That is one kickass drawing, very nice.

M 03-04-2003 07:22 AM

MAN, OMG... THIS IS LIKE RIDLEY OFF OF SUPER METROID. Anyways, i CANT wait to see you make this man! Just stay away from glossy on this one :D. Anyways, i like the 4 claw idea make one in the back too :). Shows more support. Welll, the more i look at it its not exactly like ridley (if you know who that is).. but it should be awesome. Great drawing.

Pony 03-04-2003 08:03 AM

Ridley off of super metroid??? Who or what and where might I see it?

Thanks for the comments..

or yeah will deffinitly stay away from the glossy..

besides it will help with my render times...if I get Maya back...
LOL

Pony 03-04-2003 08:32 AM

schmick thanks very much !!!

M, oh yeah btw don't wory.. I'll get maya back even if I have to swap my harddrive over to the OLD computer... 466mhz !!! celleron.. SWEET !! (would give new meening to low poly model).

Kevin 03-04-2003 08:51 AM

LOVE IT!!

awesome drawing, I personally prefer the one with no claw at the back and if there was one maybe just a small one, but whatever ...

looking great so far

Pony 03-04-2003 11:00 AM

foot edits

1 Attachment(s)
Kevin, M, and Strarup, here's some different versions of the feet..

and 3 is more like a dog claw...

Pony 03-04-2003 11:02 AM

and

1 Attachment(s)
pretty much finished...

besides edits..

mtmckinley 03-04-2003 06:54 PM

looking good. :)

Garry1953 03-04-2003 08:08 PM

Jaw dropping awsome drawing, look forward to seeing it in 3D

ereitz 03-04-2003 08:17 PM

I'm thinking version 3 of the feet looks better - the one you used looks a little too platform like - 3 looks like it could be used for walking, as a weapon etc. in other words more animal like and dangerous - altho any version will need sharp claws...

the sketch kicks ass btw. love the shoulders/wings/ribcage

really looking forward to seeing it modelled :)

doodle 03-04-2003 09:28 PM

I'm for feet #3 too

Pony 03-04-2003 10:14 PM

ok cool.. thankyou all very much for your coments !!!!! I'm starting to like 3 my self.. will wait to see what M, keven and Strarup vote..

all opinions welcom on the feet, as I don't have a WAY that I feel I should go on them..

Pony 03-04-2003 10:25 PM

YEAH ! hopefully it will only be 3 to 5 days till good computer is back that will run Maya. Still under warenty with Gateway. Maybe I could do some wire frames of the tech. she was cute !

strarup 03-04-2003 11:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Pony,

if I should think in terms of realism I would go for number 3 aswell... but it is mostly based on how I think your model will react with hard surfaces e.g. like stones or a highway...

I would think the other feets will e.g. make it collaps or the "nails"/claws break, because of the weight above it...

this was just something I thought of when I tried to imagine how it would walk, and react to underlaying surfaces... it might go for surfaces like sand or so... however this are just some thoughts I have had about it... :)

regards

Strarup

Ultragames 04-04-2003 12:46 AM

Foot three is more correct. But the 'sole' needs to be extended to the left, and the back claws exit of the foot moved much lower and rotated verticaly right, so as to be at much the same angle as the other claws. Hows that?

Ohh, AWSOME drawing! If i could draw like that I would be ten times better in CG than i am now.

Pony 04-04-2003 02:53 AM

UltraGames, thankyou. ok on the sole, but on the back claw, do you meen to have it have the same arc as the others but smaller ? I think I know what you meen.. will give it a try sometime soon and post it.

Strarup, cool , yeah I think your right.. looks like its going to be 3.. tryed it on the hole pic and it looks good... have to move the feet back a little more for center of grav on Lusifer..

el_newty 04-04-2003 04:48 AM

cool,
nice sketch.

I'm waiting the model, i hope it will be great like the skatch ;)

Pony 04-04-2003 06:07 AM

idea

1 Attachment(s)
still working on it.

Pony 04-04-2003 06:10 AM

Do the legs look like there ruffly ok ? I know the left arm is crap, will redo..

Pony 04-04-2003 11:24 PM

and

1 Attachment(s)
Finished ?

cb8rwh 04-04-2003 11:29 PM

that is one nice drawing!!!

If you can create that scene we might as well give up now :)

Looking forward to you starting to model this

Pony 04-04-2003 11:37 PM

I'm looking forward to modeling it also !

NO.. I don't want anyone to give up..
Everyones is very insparational ! I meen I learned a lot from the last one.. but this one I'm sure I will also, its going to be done difrent. Also seeing every ones modeling gives lots of ideas. From the just starting up to stuf like bryans work.. All the difrences just go to show someone.. hay you can get from hear to THERE.. The more there is the less it looks like there is just one big leap, that makes it intemidating for people..

I don't even know if I can model this yet.. cant wait for the good computer to be back so I can try..

Pony 05-04-2003 05:40 AM

how about some C+C some one.. please..

know its not in 3d yet.. but I would rather work out all the problems now...

Pony 05-04-2003 11:18 AM

and

1 Attachment(s)
would like some C+C on this to.. hoping the front looks as meen as the side dose.. what are your thoughts if you read this ?

ereitz 05-04-2003 07:21 PM

I know you've put a lot of work into choosing the claws and working out the model but i do have one critique for the front claws: they look a little wimpy compared to the rest of him.

I feel like such a ferocious beast would also have useable front claws to grasp and rip with - even a little apposeble claw cold give it a meaner look

I'm loving the side view - the front view seems to have a few weaknesses - it looks like the stance is wider in the side view and that the lower legs are further from the body than the knee joint - which would give it a more 'ready to pounce' look. Also in the side view the legs look wiry and in the front view they look to massive and planted. (to me...)

In the side view the head hangs menacingly from the neck whereas in the front view it looks like these big horns dominate and the head is on top of neck.

This all may be a little picky and I know it may not be 100percent clear but the main point is is that the frightening demon aspect which comes over so good in the side view doesn't make it to the front view - the side view is IT :)

Pony 06-04-2003 03:14 AM

ok ereitz your right working on it.. especaly the legs.. don't know what much I can do about the head.. will think on that one..
I'm not sure what you ment about the front claws. your talking about his claws for hands right ? not his feet. just want to be clear.
will have a pic thats maybe a little better in a couple.

Pony 06-04-2003 04:31 AM

and

1 Attachment(s)
ereitz what do you think now.. did I get what you were talking about ?

tariqrf 06-04-2003 04:34 AM

my only complain is about the thighs.... well, creating stuff like dragons.... take a look at horse anatomy..... works well for "dragon like creatures" especially their thigh aria

Pony 06-04-2003 04:40 AM

your talking about the muscle placement ? ok..

I have some time to work on it.. the bones and every thing else I was going to revamp this weekend.. I have time over now since I found out it was my motherboard and I cant get a replacement for at least till monday.