Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Animation: Stuntplane (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5179)

ereitz 22-04-2003 07:41 PM

Hey Pure_Morning - lookin' good - like the colors - I'm for darkening the shadows under the bed etc. a bit tho... could give the scene a slightly more real feel to it.

The lighting needs to be sourced - right now it looks like there is no roof and sunlight is shining in - GI_Joe? I'd not necessarily use GI_Joe in this case - but there may be those more experienced with it's uses that can prove me wrong here - you just need a more subtle indoor lighting if it's supposed to feel like an indoor scene.

Nice contrast between the blue tones and the red planes.

Alan 22-04-2003 09:38 PM

yeah i completley agree, I'm gonna hopefully start working on the lighting tomorrow (Sopranos is on tonite and I dont miss the Sopranos for anyone or anything so I've come home early!!!) ;) I'm really not sure about how to achieve realistic indoor lighting, i need to find a tute.

I'm considering adding more toys to the bedroom, I've done some concept stuff for some robots and stuff. What do you think? I really wanna make this animation as high quality as possible so that I have something nice on my showreel, so I'm open to suggestions :)

Alan

Alan 23-04-2003 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok I've been playing with the lighting a bit, no more GI covering all my mistakes!! :( ;)

let me know your opinions guys

:)

Cyrius 23-04-2003 04:16 PM

hum, i think you scene need more object like a"rack" with some book and a little desk with a chair. but if i concentrate on the plane : HE IS FANTASTIC !!!!! i like it ! great job . :eek:

Alan 23-04-2003 04:27 PM

thank you Cyrius, I'm working on other objects in the scene right now, I've got some balls, a robot, a book shelf and and a picture frame (possiblly a guitar too) all on the way.

:D

Ps. New Animation (Environment looks awful but that's due to the GI, it's an animation test and the animation looks ok) it's about 5megs and divx 5

get it here:
http://www.alanwoods.co.uk/files/alan.avi

Alan 24-04-2003 01:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok I've tweaked the lighting some more so that I can hopefully get some nice shadows etc. I'm going for that midmorning sorta time of day. How does that come across?

man I'm tired gotta go get some sleep!! :banana:

abra 24-04-2003 05:40 AM

the lightning looks much better now.

to the animation:
-the speed of the planes seems (to me) a bit to low
-and also the propeller is a little bit to slow... and because of this it looks like there were aliens at work to hold your planes in the air....

Alan 24-04-2003 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
small update:

Bit more tweaking on the lights, I think that the planes need some more lighting work just to pick them out a bit more, comments?

Abra: thanks for your comments the speed is something I have been a little worried about, I will see what i can do about it :)

Alan

Alan 26-04-2003 12:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Update:

added and animated curtains
added runway made of crayons
added a child's drawing
updated the bedsheets
tweaked some lighting issues
finished texturing the books on the bookshelf
tweaked the smoke trails some more (still not 100% done)

tell me what you think guys

Alan 26-04-2003 12:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and a close up of the childs picture and a couple of crayons

Cyrius 26-04-2003 09:02 AM

yea the scene looking good now ! i like the child drawing, you make it so realistic !!
i don t know how can i explain that but your crayons have a little "glow effect"(or this my eyes ;) ) i think you have to remove it .

adldesigner 26-04-2003 09:07 AM

Actually I believe it´s not a glow. They´re over-saturated I think.
Perhaps lower the crayons color saturations?

Scene looks excellent!

Alan 26-04-2003 12:50 PM

I think you're right adl it must be the saturation, the lighting is probably picking them up a bit too much. I will lower their saturation in photoshop. I was trying to capture the look of those old crayons that everyone used to have that are really bright and gaudy.

Did no one notice the name of the crayons?! ;) Mayolas (instead of Crayolas) ;)

I'll post the results of the curtain's animation later today when I get to uni and see how it came out.

Thanks for the crits guys, it's really good to hear what people think of this cause I think it's the best work I've ever done.
:)
Alan

Cyrius 27-04-2003 09:26 AM

can t wait to see the final anim Pure_morning !! :)

adldesigner 27-04-2003 09:38 AM

Mayolas? :D Cool!
I´ll be eagerly awaiting the final animation too.
Cheers,