Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SM Tournaments (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tournament #1 - RND2 - Pony VS )v( (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5386)

twisteddragon33 27-04-2003 10:58 PM

least they could rate it G.

M 27-04-2003 11:24 PM

I own gladiator :D, awesome movie. hahaha. Actually twisted, i think i may do that :), saiyajins rule. We will see how this roman armor comes out. Also, the reason why i dont watch gladiator to find out, is i dont like that exact style.. i like other armors more that are "full plates".. they are incredibly dense armors that would weigh hundreds of pounds in real life :).

twisteddragon33 27-04-2003 11:34 PM

215 pounds for generic roman/greek style armores.... generally. not counting weapons or decerations.

Yeah.. i think siya jin armor would be much easier to model aswell. But add a personal touch and make the colors different. I always thyought the stretch padding as a black and the armor as a deep deep green would look right fancy:)

Besides... i would have made ninja armor...

M 28-04-2003 12:39 AM

I dont care for ninjas :), also.. black and dark green just dont mix bud.. im not so sure about that..maybe a black and an emerald green.... but not on a armor :P. I guess i just dont have a visual of that.

twisteddragon33 28-04-2003 12:54 AM

prolly wont work anyway. but it looks good in my mind.

... of course im color blind.. but nvm.

adldesigner 28-04-2003 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by M
also.. black and dark green just dont mix bud..
Never underestimate advice bud.
Black goes with almost any color as it´s a neutral hue, just a question of how to make it work, however, talking about Ninjas ... a black suit with a green belt and such do work if used correctly.

twisteddragon33 28-04-2003 02:02 AM

woo hoo im kinda right. hell everything looks green to me anyway.

Ive always liked the way pollished black looked with dark green.

M 28-04-2003 04:02 AM

Ah, cool twisted :)... i dont know adl, your right.. i love black as its my favorite color.. even though its not a color ;). Green is my next favourite.. just the thing is, doing lots of sites and stuff, i just can never get black and green to mix.. im not saying it wouldnt work, as i stated farther in that message. Personally i still wouldnt use a black and a green, but after this talk I think i will give it another try in photoshop.. see what shade of green DOES go with black :). BTW, pony.. after our chat you know what i did? Went downstairs and watched end of days :D.

Pony 28-04-2003 04:39 AM

haa.. cool !! it rocks.

Vectorman 28-04-2003 04:59 AM

Its gonna be monday soon(actually it is here already!)! U guys should get started!

M 28-04-2003 05:41 AM

pssshht, its the weekend... please, dont baffle me. Hahaha, j/k vectorman.. yea i have just been learning a lot by fooling around, learning a lot with shaders and different tools that is :). NOW its time to start really working on this guy... theres no problem :). BTW, pony has been going crazy on lucifer over in the challenges forum, go check it out... hes been busy!

PonysGirl 28-04-2003 08:50 AM

:bgreen:

You guys rock....

It is fantastic to see people competing and yet giving constructive criticisms, suggestions, tools, and advertising for thier competitors other work.

This place just F'ing amazes me...:D

I can come here after being bombarded with the world news :banghead:

man's inhumanity to man.:mad:

and see a totally different picture of peoples behavior.:cool:

Really renews my faith in humans.!!!!!!!!!

**Hey Kevin, you could advertise this site as a cure for depression** :p

Kevin 28-04-2003 08:52 AM

great job!! really love the battle here!

Pony 28-04-2003 12:54 PM

Thanks Kevin !!

Yeah Vector cheak out my challenge thread now.. you'll like what you see !!

M 28-04-2003 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the slow progress on the weekend, it should start picking up as of now. I will be designing some hard parts that will basically be like remaking the whole body, but needing to stick within strict boundries :P. Here is the next part of his armor... it still needs a ring around the top of that part though.. thats next.

EagleKing 28-04-2003 04:45 PM

nice reflection... :D

twisteddragon33 28-04-2003 11:05 PM

ooooooo shiiiny.

M 29-04-2003 02:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, i have been working on this for another hour, its quite lengthy. Anyways, i stopped the plated armor at the wrist because I plan to now add some gloves to the dino with attatchable adult claws (seeing that hes a baby ;)). Im not sure how im going to conquor this breast plate.. but it should be a good 2 hours at least! (unless!!!!... ) I have an idea that may shave down that time a significant ammount! I will show you all later once I have modelled it :).. it MAY be tonight at my time.. or some time tommorow. Notice anything else that I modelled other than the body area, something new?

M 29-04-2003 06:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ahah, i knew i could do it before the stroke of midnight! Well, heres the body and things attatched... i was playing around with textures and preferred this.. the chrome look was too paladinish. C&C welcome.

M 29-04-2003 06:49 AM

Eh, when i take a double look.. i liked the chrome :(.. ohwell.. it may go back :).

Vectorman 29-04-2003 07:37 AM

haha bad @$$ with that nose ring (yeah i found it !) Coming along M. Pony better get going man not many hours left! I know lucifer is looking good, but i haven't seen ANY 3d yet in this round!!! Better get started seeing as how its monday night/ tuesday morning here.

M, the only reason i don't post withing a few minutes is if i'm at work or sometimes Simplymaya doesn't tell me when someone posts. Not sure why yet. I thought that posting on a forum automatically subscribes you, but i have recieved notifications (after that i assumed i was subscribed to that thread) and then later not received any for days, and i miss a bunch of posts. Don't know why. But now I make SURE to click the subscribe button if its important.

**Vec presses "subscribe to this thread"**
;)

Kevin 29-04-2003 09:57 AM

awesome job guys

really good stuff

EagleKing 29-04-2003 01:49 PM

yeah...great stuff...and I like the black one ...the non chromed armor better
:D

twisteddragon33 29-04-2003 09:22 PM

the non chromed put more focus on the boarder of the armor and the model itself. ide stick with it. Maybe you should even try that crappy gold texture on the lip of the armor with the black accent.

Vectorman 29-04-2003 10:32 PM

Pony better pull something HUGE outta his bum in the next 48 hours!

M 29-04-2003 11:39 PM

Hey twisted.. i agree.. i will try to add that "crappy gold texture" (quite nice actually if applied right) onto the edges.. good idea :D. Gold and silver go great with black ;).

Alan 30-04-2003 01:17 AM

yeah M it's looking great, what about having the black metal as the top layer and the chrome underneath being reavealed by scratches to the surface of the material etc. Add a bit of rust to the chrome and that would kick ass! I really like this model. I had a few doubts in the first round but M you've done an excellent job and it's got loads of character!!

Shame Pony hasnt managed to spend more time on his, if you progress to the next round you should get Pony to render you out an image of his centuar lying dead on the ground and you can have your guy up on top (having just killed the cenataur!!) that would RULE! :D

sorry getting carried away now!!! ;)

Vectorman 30-04-2003 01:19 AM

Pure morning, they've been planning that actually, maybe even an animation.

M 30-04-2003 03:07 AM

Hahhaa, yea the centuar on the ground, with the dinos foot ontop :D. Actually, i think ONLY if i had a gun could i beat that centuar.. it would trample this baby dino to the ground.. this dino wouldnt stand taller than her knees! Hahaha, well maybe a bit ;).. it would just have gum biting on its legs.. seeing its teeth are not exactly fully grown ;). Heheheh. Maybe i should just for one time make a totally grown up dino out of this, that was a midget.. like i could use the model and add in a full set of teeth, smaller eye sockets, longer tail, longer claws and more muscle :D. (we will see :p). Ok, Me and pony are working on this model now, as pony announced that hes comin over to the centuar for the next little while :D.

M 30-04-2003 04:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, heres the claws in their starting stage, as well as the new (and In my opinion, its much nicer.. thanks twisted :D) textures. BTW, the claws need some other things around them, because atm all it is is the 3 claws, not the glove that they are attatched to ;).

Pony 30-04-2003 04:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Vecter,, I will proseed to start pulling a rabbit out of my ____ !

LOL @ pure_morning..

"we, will,
we, will,
rock YOU " !!

M 30-04-2003 04:20 AM

Damn, you already have your bow... amazing.. after this challenge i would love to hear your modelling technique, if you start from a plane, if you just follow the curves, or what! Hahaha.. after the tournament though ;)

Pony 30-04-2003 04:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok going to take a brake now.. time for dinner..

caligraphics 30-04-2003 06:11 AM

Pony : That bow rocks !!!

M: You should stick to the spear thing, since it suits the character better imho.. The gun is too messy and complex compared to the character

M 30-04-2003 06:15 AM

Of course caligraphics, I am NOT allowed to use that gun in any means! First off it doesnt suit his body size, second, both his hands cant really reach the gun properly ;).. and thirdly and MOST IMPORTANT.... i CANNOT use a model i made in a preexisting challenge. This was not modelled in this challenge, and therefor its not legal.. i will be modelling him those claws, or i may make a better spear or axe (i think axe suits his dwarf'ish style). We will see, tommorow will be one crazy modelling frenzy!

M 30-04-2003 06:41 AM

Ok guys, i just posted the news.. as of tommorow Pony and I will be going all out in a showdown to the death! There will be TONS of updates, and TONS of news! I will be most active in this battle from 4PM (-8GMT).. so for some of you that may be the next day.. but i dont plan to stop until midnight! Should be a fun thread to subscribe to!

LETS GO PONY (just i have to sleep first)

PonysGirl 30-04-2003 07:02 AM

Quote:

LETS GO PONY (just i have to sleep first)
:rolleyes:

wussie......:p~

J/K.. M.... creative ability goes out the window when fatigue comes in the door....

So rock on boys.... I mean I am having moments of not knowing which one to choose....
short moments... but moments none the less... :beer:

Pony 30-04-2003 07:35 AM

burning midnight oil..

1 Attachment(s)
still needs a string..

Pony 30-04-2003 10:18 AM

and

1 Attachment(s)
hears more..
thanks Coligraphics

strarup 30-04-2003 10:33 AM

Hi Pony,

it looks great... nice robe knot you have made on that bow... :)

are you going to wood texture the Bow?

regards

Strarup