Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   1 On 1 Battles (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   brian_ellebracht VS adldesigner - PR Flower (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5472)

Kevin 29-04-2003 07:26 AM

DgAPc : I have scrubed your vote please do not vote until we have something to vote on, and not before the 12th as Adl says :)

brian_ellebracht 29-04-2003 01:49 PM

Grrr... says Brian as agervation takes over... lol jk. I think I am going to go to the store and buy a garden flower and dissect it so that I can get a better idea on how these things go together. lol
Brian

adldesigner 29-04-2003 02:25 PM

<adldesigner thinks>
Thankfully the guy´s having some trouble too ... ;)

brian_ellebracht 29-04-2003 02:35 PM

:) samething i'm, thinkin
;)

adldesigner 29-04-2003 08:56 PM

First step ...

1 Attachment(s)
Had some time to work on this Brain Freezer ;)

I think I just jumped my first technical hurdle (Still have the texturing one to go).
I need to start the detailing and work on proportions, but at least now it looks as a flower.
:cool:

adldesigner 29-04-2003 10:13 PM

About 1/2 hour later ...

1 Attachment(s)
Some more progress ...

adldesigner 29-04-2003 10:15 PM

... and a small test render.

1 Attachment(s)
Your standard test render with GI_Joe.
(Final illumination will change though)

GCastro 29-04-2003 10:19 PM

Cool Adl,
Looking great man, for a flower :)

George

adldesigner 29-04-2003 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GCastro
... for a flower :)
LOL Brian, maybe we should have made a big Dino-mechanical-fire-spewing-nano-ship to grab the attention of these guys. ;)
Thanks for the words though George! :)

Kevin 29-04-2003 11:13 PM

flowers?? what happened to the robots / wires and killer machines guys ??

great start any ways adl :D

M 29-04-2003 11:38 PM

Hahaha, notice how all the challenge topics are based on robots and killer machines with large rockets etc? Lol, well adl.. its looking really nice for the flower, just i think its a bit repedative, each pedal is the same.. i suggest making one sag or others with less folds etc. :), looking great though.. and brian, lets see this flower (organic model..ooo, not your fav brian ;)).

adldesigner 29-04-2003 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by M
just i think its a bit repedative, each pedal is the same.. i suggest making one sag or others with less folds etc.
Come on bud! Patience. :p
I´m just starting, I need a base to work on right? :cool:

M 30-04-2003 12:08 AM

Lol, you know what... that didnt even cross my mind! How peculiar.. sorry man, your totally right! I would do the same! Well in that case, LETS SEE MORE :D.

brian_ellebracht 30-04-2003 03:28 AM

sorry guys, I have been workin on a 30 drawing storyboard all day for class... :( But its finally finnished. Yeah, thought a flower would be good because it is challenging and it is different than i usually do. Tomorrow night I am going to go to the store and buy a flower that closely resembles mine, and disect it so that i can get an accurate idea what the pedals should look like and all that kind of stuff... so i have a little research to do b4 i start modeling! So... Tomorrow it is... THanks,
Brian

BTW You are off to a really really nice start. If you want a longer dead line let me know!
Thanks!

brian_ellebracht 30-04-2003 03:51 AM

I got inspired by ADLDesigner, and now I am going to go to the store and buy my flower tonight so that I can start taking pics and stuff, this may require me to pick a different kind of flower than the one in the pic, depending on what is available at the store. THanks!!
Brian