Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   1 On 1 Battles (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   brian_ellebracht VS adldesigner - PR Flower (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5472)

brian_ellebracht 12-05-2003 09:55 PM

BTW can people start voting yet????
Brian

:) :)

GreyFox 13-05-2003 12:27 AM

It looks real cool brian, very realistic.

More realistic then the "real" background you have :D
But that's the quality, I know :P

And as you said, the only thing that really needs work is the pollen (that's those things in the middle right? ;))

Too bad you didn't have time to do a better composition adldesigner. It's looking nice though.

t|-|3 DoCto|2 13-05-2003 12:51 AM

nice job brian an adls :D

M 13-05-2003 01:59 AM

WOW, brian.. what an amazing flower! One thing that strikes me in your final render.. is i loved some of the previous renders more.. it just looks so out of place, like you took the magic wand tool to the flower and slapped it ontop of a picture of your backyard :(. Not trying to diss it, the floewr model itself is insanely good! Just i would of rendered it out with a bunch of other flowers, or from a different view, in a more realistic enviroment (in terms of where its placed). But i have to say... I AM PROUD! I was actually shocked you got a final in, no offence ;). Wonderful though :D, now i dont have doubt in ya ;).

As for you adl.. damn.. i dont know how long you worked in maya before hand.. but that flower is great! Too bad you couldnt of rendered out a image of the flower.. but otherwise.. great job :D.

The voting can start now.. as both final renders are in :). I have voted.

brian_ellebracht 13-05-2003 03:27 AM

Thanks M, I agree about the final image.. :( Its just that in the rules the goal was to make a final render and composite it into a photo.. but I was at work and decided to finnish it quickly since Adl had allready put his final render in... so I had to search google for images... and it was taking forever,so I just picked one. SO yeah, the final render isn't quite good.. Soon I will make a better one, I have taken the correct photos that I need for my final composite for my site, and I will post them next week, promise. But this week... I am finally moving out of my parrents house! Talk to you guys later! Thanks for all the votes!
Brian

Hopefully me finnishing on time, will be the standard not the surprise from now on ;)

adldesigner 13-05-2003 08:01 PM

Brian excellent composite bud.
I enjoyed quite a lot battling you, and I hope I get a chance at your gut in some other time. :cool:

ragecgi 13-05-2003 09:35 PM

Adl, you kicked a$$ dude:)

Can't wait to see you both battle again!

brian_ellebracht 13-05-2003 11:55 PM

same to you! Anytime you want, let me know. :) The flower was alot more challenging than I thought that it was going to be! Great work to you as well,
Brian

Ultragames 30-05-2003 05:56 PM

Note to self. NEVER challenge Brian.

brian_ellebracht 31-05-2003 12:46 AM

lol. you're funny!

adldesigner 31-05-2003 01:33 AM

Nah. He´s a good mate.
I actually enjoyed it a lot.

I hereby award to Brian "ADL´s Two Thumbs Up Award"
Congratulations. :cool:

Ultragames 31-05-2003 03:39 AM

Brian, you are the master of Maya on this forum. I could challenge you, but i don't expect i shall win.