Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   May Challenge - cb8rwh - Normal (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5556)

cb8rwh 08-05-2003 11:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's the shirt - not final but an attempt at folds around the shoulder/arm area and some more subtle ones up the side of the shirt

ereitz - cheers I messed around with split poly - infact I actually re attached it - it came out better the second time

el_newty - i used a method from a tutorial by steven tubbrit

http://users.tinyworld.co.uk/steven_...T_S_Ear_01.htm

el_newty 09-05-2003 04:55 AM

He, He, He very funny, ...NIKE ai? do you make advertise or just I have that hunch...:) They pay you for this? :)

OK, beside the joke, it's a nice T-shirt :)

cb8rwh 10-05-2003 10:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well I have a dilemma - my model is neither comical or realistic - I would prefer to go down the comical/characature route but I am not too sure what to do - any suggestions on how I could alter my direction?

here's the latest position - is it too late to make it more cartoony?

GreyFox 10-05-2003 10:43 PM

What if you rendered it cellshaded? I'm not sure how you do that though...

And you should do the hair kindof cartoonish, and try to make all your oustanding facial features more outstanding.

Witchy 11-05-2003 02:28 PM

You could alter the proportions and/ or exagerate them a bit if you wanted a more cartoonish look. You could give the figure bigger hands and arms and make the head bigger etc. Or perhaps make the shirt really large and give him big tennis shoes.

You could try a toonshader effect with the proportions you have as GreyFox suggests (I have been playing around with that since I read M's thread where he shaded the fifth element weapon and it is rather fun). That would mean you could keep the model as it looks now but in a cartoon scene.

M 11-05-2003 03:42 PM

Yea, like witchy said.. basically what i would do is take different areas of the body, and make them bigger than average. Example would be, the chin, ears, nose, hands and feet. Also, if you take your eyes, which are quite realistic in the above render.. and morph it, to be more stretched out vertically or something.. maybe add more skin over the eyebrows... just fool around with it.

cb8rwh 11-05-2003 04:30 PM

cheers for the ideas guys - i think I am going with BIG tennis shoes, and mess with the other features - try them all big - my nose is quite large so that will be the first thing getting altered :) got a big forehead as well - that will be altered

gonna have some bigass shorts as well.

thanks again

cb8rwh 11-05-2003 06:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
started tweaking the shape if the body - what do ya think - head looks a bit bizarre to me - very roswell :)

M 11-05-2003 06:38 PM

LOL.. lookin great! Hahaha, much better :D. One thing i suggest is to make your eyes a lot bigger :)... And try to alter the mouth so it can open really wide :D.. Lookin great :D.

EagleKing 11-05-2003 06:59 PM

now it looks cartoonish because of the big hands. great stuff you made there.

Witchy 11-05-2003 08:25 PM

Looking good, big shoes will be great too. A big head from all those tennis victories is a good thing! M's idea of making the eyes bigger is a winner I think.

cb8rwh 11-05-2003 08:30 PM

what victories - i am english :)

cb8rwh 11-05-2003 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
a bit more - what about the scale of the shorts - are they too small?? just thought it might accentuate the large hands and head(shoes as well when they are done)

GreyFox 11-05-2003 10:11 PM

How about about the same width on the shorts and shirt, and then shorter legs? And big feet of course ;)

cb8rwh 12-05-2003 12:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here's an update - greyfox - using inbetween sized shorts/legs

added a bit of hair