Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   May Challenge - Essahc - Noobie (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5624)

essahc 06-05-2003 06:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry guys, I take a lot of heat for sounding like a Texan so sometimes I play into it a bit. I forget that the rest of the world won't get the joke. It's funny that our accent is pretty much derived from the deap south's version of a the British accent of a couple centries ago. I don't know what went arye along the way.:confused:

Anyway. heres my update. Guess I should kill the caption but what the hay.

I have no idea how to do a mouth but Ill work it out. My pencils have me in headphones, as I don't really want to do my ears. but I may get more ambitous.:banghead:
:sleep:Time for sleep.

M 06-05-2003 06:07 AM

Hey man, its lookin awesome! I personally love what you have so far.. i suggest thoguh extending the forhead and squashin the face a bit... but other than tha.. keep it up :D.. (BTW, those eyes are awesome).

caligraphics 06-05-2003 07:08 AM

yeah.. if you make the head more "tall" it will get the more you look :)

said 06-05-2003 05:13 PM

Yeah, those eyes look very realistic.
I notice people don´t have much trouble doing realistic eyes, as opposed to doing realistic skin, for example.
How do you model them (eyes)? (how to get that translucid effect?)

Thanks.

Mário.

cb8rwh 06-05-2003 07:49 PM

is that bloodhot eye from highend? looks nice whatever!!

Vectorman 06-05-2003 10:20 PM

translucid would be if you were "half aware", transluscent means light can pass through it and i don't think thats waht you meant either. Although they are reflecting the lights and that looks cool.

GJ man, i really have to start this thing somehow......

essahc 07-05-2003 02:42 AM

Yeah. that is the bloodshot eyes from Highend. I think its a Denflo Shader. I plan to do my own later if I do texture. I just put those there for my own sanity. They are simple nurb spheres with the cornea pulled out some.

Quote:

yeah.. if you make the head more "tall" it will get the more you look
Thanks guys. I really need the advise.;)
I may not be able to do any work on this for a few days as this is finals week here at Austin Communtiy College and my Anatomy and Physiology Class is beating me to death. Life is good though, I've wanted to go back to school for 20 years now and finnaly get to do it. more later

M 07-05-2003 03:43 AM

hey, your acheiving your goals.. good for you! Wonderful to hear that someone got off their ass and didnt just complain :D. Congrats.

essahc 10-05-2003 03:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the latest. I took Carsten's advise and streched my head some. did some more exageration. next comes glasses and maybe ears. then a body.

M 11-05-2003 03:47 PM

Its lookin great! One thing i think you should quickly fix is that point you have on your chin. I realise the general shape, but it should be smooth.. it just looks like a problem with mirroring. So yea, bring that vert inwards a bit :). Also, i love the nose, but usually a big nose will come down on a straight angle. Your nose kinda curves inwards from the forehead.. then comes way out. If you take that area inbetween the eyes and bring it out a bit, i think that would look better :). But yea, its looking great

essahc 11-05-2003 06:30 PM

Thanks M.
I just had a few minutes to give this today....Mothers day you know... Just nubs for ears for now.

essahc 11-05-2003 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oops

EagleKing 11-05-2003 06:58 PM

how often did you smooth it? great work.

M 11-05-2003 09:11 PM

Hey essahc, lookin great, you fixed that chin ;). BTW, i know what you mean.. you cant be on the computer all day when its mothers day :).. that would be silly.

howardporter 12-05-2003 12:59 AM

You nailed the chin man! spot-on.

H!