Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Battle Arena (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Tournament #2 - Signup (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5752)

EagleKing 17-05-2003 05:37 PM

come on guys....enter the tournament.

I am bored and I want to start.

Black Robe 18-05-2003 12:36 PM

hey I'll join but im a noob and using the PLE :( Also, when will it be starting, Ive got 3 exams in the next 5 days :eek:

for Round#1 - can it be a stylized animal or does it have to be photorealistic?Also, you said underwater, can it be an amphibian(frog, toad) or a crocodile or alligator.Do we have to post concepts (ive already started working on them and Im dying to try my new scanner :) Is it ok if Im using the PLE, I should be getting Maya 4.5 in a few weeks, still saving up. :rolleyes:

for Round#3 does it have to be an EXISTING game character or can we make up our own one and give a little info about it?

Thanks and I hope the tourney starts soon, or after me bloody exams :banghead:

M 19-05-2003 09:02 PM

Hey Blackrobe.. thanks for joining.. the animal does not have to be photorealistic but whatever you want... the underwater can be an amphibian.. and using PLE is fine :D. Game character has to be existing :P... so like..chrono trigger, or "pacman".. lol. Ok cya

BTW, i love your avatar ;).

Black Robe 19-05-2003 09:48 PM

K thanks, just need to wait for more people to join in eh? I'll start some concept sketches for round #1. I love my avvy too :D

M 19-05-2003 09:50 PM

now thats art ;).

Black Robe 20-05-2003 10:24 AM

Im getting impatient now :(

twisteddragon33 20-05-2003 07:39 PM

For round one. does if have to bea real creature or can you just make something up? As long as it looks underwatery.

for #3 i think im going to make one of the charactors from dbz budukai:), little tricky though.

i cant even remember what the second round was. :-[. but im prolly not gunna make it anyway

M 21-05-2003 04:59 AM

yo, twisted.. you can make your own underwater creature.. just he has to look like hes from under the water.. you cant give me a 400 pound beast and tell me its the sea gorilla ;). Just make sure it can make sence... if i was in this tournament.. i would do a crab. Only one spot remaining! Join now so we can start this tournament!

Witchy 21-05-2003 02:12 PM

I'll give it a go although I have no idea what to model as yet!

Signing up for tournament 1/2.

M 21-05-2003 02:15 PM

Wonderful! We have 8 competators :D... the tournament will start later today.. once i get back after doing some work. I just posted to tell you all are competing, the list below tells you the groupings that we will have as well:

Blackrobe
Witchy

Eagleking
Twisteddragon

Tweek
Howardporter

Morpher
Mumbojumbo

Tonight i will have those threads up so you can all start.. dont start your own thead.. its going to take around half a hour to a hour to get organised.. and that i dont have time for right now.. so later today it should be up. THankyou all for joining :).

Black Robe 21-05-2003 03:16 PM

yay! :) cnt wait, I'll get started now :)

adldesigner 21-05-2003 03:22 PM

Good luck to the competitors.
Have fun!

Black Robe 21-05-2003 03:37 PM

will do :) Cmon M! :D

M 21-05-2003 03:56 PM

Blackrobe.. for me its like... the morning here.. and its a weekday.. i cant stay, i have work to do :P. Anyways.. i would do it right now but its not physically possible as i wont be near a computer. As soon as i get back tonight.. i will get the threads started :). Ok, cya then

Black Robe 21-05-2003 03:57 PM

ok,I wasnt aware of that sorry. Ive already started btw, going for the stylised crab look :) Oversized pincers and evil eyes :)