Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SM Tournaments (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tournament #2 - Black Robe VS Witchy - RND 1 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5894)

Black Robe 26-05-2003 09:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope my bad timing is not a factor in who wins, Im sorry but its a bit confusing trying to figure out when I need to post it here in Scotland.Well Here is my final render, I hope you guys like it but it didnt turn out as good as I wanted it to.I take it we're not allowed to vote for ourselves? :D Well good luck witchy.Cant wait to see who is victorious :) Here ya go...:beer:

Witchy 26-05-2003 09:24 PM

No you had a while Blackrobe- nice finish and best of luck to you, it's been fun being partnered with you!

Black Robe 26-05-2003 09:30 PM

ye its been good,I hope I get through but I hope you do aswell as I wanna see more of your work!I like being in tourney's they make you work fast and efficiently.Phew, glad Im finished.... :)

Witchy 26-05-2003 09:34 PM

Well if it is you I shall certainly follow the next stage with interest!

As you say glad to get that final render in though- had a few scary moments as GI_Joe kept crashing when I did fog and put a texture on some lights with it, but got there in the end!

Learnt a lot in this challenge (particularly about lighting in GI_Joe as I only got it to do that blue effect previously, but Calligraphics and Brian posted some great tips) which is always good.

Black Robe 26-05-2003 09:39 PM

ye texturing and lighting is my big downpoint.Well Im glad to hear that you'd follow, its a big compliment for me :) Thanks, Im still a big newbie and learning LOADS.Im glad I found a new tool in Maya, the grow selection tool, it may seem a small tool but it is very helpful when selecting poly's and verts. Cnt wait to find out the results and such....:D:D:D

Witchy 26-05-2003 09:53 PM

There's a really good series of UV tutorials on this site which I got, and a mel script for UV wrapping. Both recommended. And GI_Joe is worth getting; it's basic setup is good but you can get some really interesting results messing about with it. Worth working on basic three point lighting first to get the hang of it of course but it's a very interesting tool once you have played with the basics a bit.

Black Robe 26-05-2003 09:56 PM

Yeah well I SHOULD be ordering my copy of Maya 4.5 this week,cant wait! :D:D:D:D Its 11pm here so I'll prob have to wait till tomorrow for the results...:(

M 27-05-2003 06:17 AM

great battle to both of you! Voting is now allowed as both final renders are in :D. Great efforts!

Black Robe 27-05-2003 10:59 AM

what the deal with all the ghey voting for yourself?!Ive not and will not vote for myself. :mad:

P.S. Witchy, did you vote for yourself?

Witchy 27-05-2003 12:35 PM

Didn't think we were doing that. We either have less votes in total as everyone hates us or we haven't done it :D

Black Robe 27-05-2003 12:36 PM

yup, good :)

howardporter 28-05-2003 01:44 AM

Witchy congratulations... on to the next round.

this was a tough one for me, both models were really great. I agree that these tournements are great to learn from, exspecially that we are forced to finish by the deadline time. plus all you guys are very helpful with constructive critisism.... except that one guy who said my model looked "retarded" :D

Black Robe- good luck with your new purchase of maya. I'll bet you will be happy to get rid of the PLE Watermark huh?

H!

twisteddragon33 28-05-2003 03:13 AM

who said your model looked retarded?

Black Robe 28-05-2003 09:34 AM

I DEMAND are rematch!!:D

Nah, great battle witchy,you did really well, it was neck and neck for a while there. Would be fun to battle again though :) Congratulations and good luck for the next round :)

adldesigner 28-05-2003 09:38 AM

Good battle guys!
Looking forward to another one.