Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   June Challenge - jonkelis - Noobie (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6073)

jonkelis 06-06-2003 09:19 PM

thanks vectorman,
but i dont have any vision :) or idea (well maybe something , but not much) of what to do, i'm just trying to make it look good and just keep on doing until it look's good enuogh.

jonkelis 07-06-2003 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well i saw that everyone post's there pic's lit up with GI_Joe, so i (some how) install'ed it and here is da pic.
It took 04:06 min with my
622 mHz Celeron, 192 ram, Radeon 7000 SDR 64MB :( and WinXP pro.
So i hope that i can get (find) a 1000 mHz Celeron for my old PC this week.

Just wanted to see how it look's when it's lit up with a good light.
Oh , and my bro is in town so i think i will not be able to do any modeling this weekend, you know ... :beer:

BabyDuck 07-06-2003 05:40 PM

you dont have to use gi_joe for your process. i am not using it - but then maybe that is why my renders look so crappy - lol. you might want to check out realfakegi - that renders pretty fast. my last animation on here was done in 10 minutes total - that is 7.5 seconds average per frame. only added to the realfakegi a directional light for shadows.

but then the resolution was only 480x300 and was done on:
1.3 ghz tb with 768 mb sdram

still faster than if i would have used gi_joe.

nice render by the way ;)

jonkelis 11-06-2003 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well just a very, very small update.
I just had to have a little break from maya, but i'm back , and i hope i could do something, cause i have no ideas
:banghead::banghead:
Any C & C are welcome

LauriePriest 11-06-2003 06:04 PM

ahh its cool, there are some shader based Fake GI things realfakeGI is one.. well i think its shader based, no lights i can see in the scene, look at highend3d.com.. it may be kinder on your system

BabyDuck 11-06-2003 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LauriePriest
ahh its cool, there are some shader based Fake GI things realfakeGI is one.. well i think its shader based, no lights i can see in the scene, look at highend3d.com.. it may be kinder on your system
it is shader based but it also adjusts the shader if the object moves. and for just real fast showing off wip w/o proper light is easy to do with realfakegi. i just added today a detail shot with realfakegi - and if you enable hardware shading, you see the gi in real time in maya ;)

jonkelis 11-06-2003 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Man, that's cool, it took me just 47s to render this one.:bgreen:
Although it rendered quite good, but i couldn't get a shadow :mad: , maybe because i'm a newbie in mel :p .
Well maybe later i will talk to some one on the irc or smth.
Oh... and see you tomorrow , i'm going to bed now, it's 23:59 my time :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
So cya...

drknow 11-06-2003 09:06 PM

Nice............................................Ve ry Nice...........................................Ama zing

jonkelis 12-06-2003 01:56 PM

What does it mean?

When i try to install GI_Joe with the help, it says "Source the script and execute it.". Please explain it like you would explain it to a dumb guy :D which doesn't understand about mel .... cause i don't get it.

jonkelis 12-06-2003 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, finaly a little body.
Just a try of the body, don't know if i will leave it this way.

jonkelis 12-06-2003 04:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
second pic

jonkelis 12-06-2003 04:46 PM

How do you put a bunch of pic's in one post???
Oh , and please comment and criticize it.

[icarus_uk] 12-06-2003 05:12 PM

I host them on my server and use the [img] forum tags to link them. Thats the only way, theres no way to attach more than one picture to a post.

Looking nice, this latest component youve shown, what is that exactly? Im finding it hard to place that on a vehicle.

jonkelis 12-06-2003 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's the BODY.
But i don't realy know if i will leave it like that

Vectorman 12-06-2003 06:09 PM

do you have a skecth or are you working from you're head?