Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   June Challenge - Brian Ellebracht - Normal (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6144)

ragecgi 05-06-2003 10:01 PM

Love it!

..Subd's?

brian_ellebracht 05-06-2003 10:02 PM

Thanks again for all of your sugestions!!

brian_ellebracht 05-06-2003 10:06 PM

you got it, sub d's....

Sad news!!! I lost my cockpit... Grrr... I went to rerender it, and it locked up! Had to close it, hate it when that happens... And I didn't save it. :banghead: :banghead: Oh well...Now I have to take break for a few hours or my head will explode. I will start on it again later on tonight. (I still have the wheel) :) Thanks,
Brian

brian_ellebracht 05-06-2003 10:13 PM

ok, on my way home to work on it more... Hopefully I will have a big update for you in the morning. THanks,
Brian

ragecgi 05-06-2003 10:58 PM

See ya then m8!

Ultragames 06-06-2003 06:27 AM

HOLLY ****! (No worries, I censor myself)

All that amazing work just for a freaking wheel! Im screwed. I love to see you designs, and watch them grow, but Im not seeing this this as fair with you in it. hehe. Its like having a Directing contest between that one guy that sleeps in a shopping cart, and the brothers of the Matrix.

I nominate Brian for Modage!

brian_ellebracht 06-06-2003 01:26 PM

Could really use your help guys... as far as a design point of view... I am at a point where I need to decide if I am going to use the leg idea.... or if I am going to make it more like a really heavily armored Vehicle.... What do you think?

Pod Design with legs

or

Modified and heavily armored Vehicle?

Thanks alot!
Brian

mtmckinley 06-06-2003 01:32 PM

what environment is is for? Or did I miss that?

brian_ellebracht 06-06-2003 01:42 PM

Icy enviorment. :0

[icarus_uk] 06-06-2003 02:18 PM

Seems like a poor idea, from a design point of view, to give it wheels on the ends of legs, it makes the wheels redundant and a stability risk. Since youve already got a wheel, I'd say a "Modified and heavily armored Vehicle".

drknow 06-06-2003 02:18 PM

Hey Brian, You live in st. Louis. I just got back from st louis, and I wish I lived there. It is beautiful. I saw the arch and went to the zoo and the science museum and art museum and six flags all in one week. Whew. I love St. Louis.

brian_ellebracht 06-06-2003 02:22 PM

yeah, well. you wouldn't like living here when it comes to finding a job! :) animation is few and far between, that is if you can find someone who knows what it is. lol. You should have told me you were comming! We could have met some where that would have been kind of cool. Later,
Brian

Yeah... Maybe I will go for the armored look... Not sure what to do.. kinda stuck right now... Hmmmm

BTW did you go up in the arch? Thats pretty cool to.:bgreen:

ragecgi 06-06-2003 02:34 PM

Heavily armed Ice-Assault vehicle!

caligraphics 06-06-2003 03:00 PM

great work as usual, Bry ..

drknow 06-06-2003 03:05 PM

Yea, Well, I may go back sometime in the future. I really didnt even think to ask if anybody was from st. louis before I left. oh, and i did go in the arch. I got pics if anyone wants to see them.