Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Dual Monitors......A great thing to have??? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6837)

Bryce 15-07-2003 03:06 PM

@Drknow:
GeForce FX 5200? I´ll get the 5600! :P ;)
So, how does it work? Are two outports on the card?

Emo 15-07-2003 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bryce
@Drknow:
GeForce FX 5200? I´ll get the 5600! :P ;)
So, how does it work? Are two outports on the card?

I'm saving up for the 5900 Ultra so :p

actually I'm saving for a KILLER PC too but I won't get into detials for now ;)

-Emo

Emo 15-07-2003 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by adldesigner
I love it man! :cool:
http://www.panoramtech.com/products/pv230.html

if you had an extra 10K for this, then wow you lucky dog!!! :D

-Emo

Renderizer 15-07-2003 03:18 PM

Bryce:

Yeah, two ports to boot.

I think that with the GeForce, one of them is a DVI port, but the adapter comes with the card (with the Quadro you have two DVIs and two adapters).

It's really easy to set up and you get used to it pretty fast.

I for my part don't like watching tv anymore, as I'm constantly looking out for a second display to get some other stuff done - but there is none! :p

Bryce 15-07-2003 03:53 PM

TV-in/out,DVI-Out
That´s what the card got. Man, Hardware and me... Thats can´t be good....

drknow 15-07-2003 04:32 PM

Mine just came with one svid out and 2 vga standard outs.

slickrenderer 15-07-2003 05:44 PM

Renderizer-Thanks

drknow 16-07-2003 05:29 PM

Wow!!!! Ive been using this dual monitor thing, and I must say......It would be pretty hard going back to a single monitor. I have a question though. Can I have 2 desktops.....One on each screen. I have two desktops, but I can only use one at a time. It just extends the desktop to the 2nd monitor. Any help with this would be great.

slickrenderer 16-07-2003 06:55 PM

You cannot use more than one mouse at the same time on the same PC.
If you mean can you set up 2 desktop so that each monitor has it's own resolution and refresh rate then the answer is yes.

If you meant something else then.......

drknow 16-07-2003 08:09 PM

I know there is a way to set up two separate desktops, each with its own windows and such. Ill figure it out.

slickrenderer 17-07-2003 11:46 AM

You can use the clone function ie. if you have have photoshop open on the 1st monitor with image of your dog peeing on your PC then with clone you can have the same window/image/photoshop on the second monitor as well.

You can work on the close up of your dogs private parts on the 1st monitor while having the view of the complete dog on the second monitor ;-)

kornkidpr 17-07-2003 09:38 PM

Quote:

if you had an extra 10K for this, then wow you lucky dog!!!
u dont need 10K dude go here http://www.firestormpc.com and see it for urself ull be amazed LOL

Bryce 18-07-2003 08:41 AM

Okay guys, going to upgrade my PC now... See you, hopefully, next week! :)

Renderizer 18-07-2003 09:51 AM

Drknow - to my knowledge you can't have two discreet desktops at the same time. Not on one PC.

You can use standard MS DualView (which allows you to choose different resolutions and refresh rates for each display), or one of three nView modes: vertical spanning, horizontal spanning and clone (good thing if you want to do presentations).

That's about all there is to it.

I'd like to use DualView if I could, but this option doesn't allow for OpenGL on display #2 - blame Microsoft for that (it's ok - they're used to being blamed).

I mean - the only objection I have is that some apps seem to override certain nView settings (like having windows NOT to span displays), while some other apps NEED to have windows spanning enabled (I just had a hard time with the demo version of Pinnacle Edition 5...don't get me started!).

All that said, working in a dual display environment is still so much better than pushing and pulling all your windows and palettes around on a single monitor.

What can I say - I just love it...

Hugh!

Renderizer

Emo 18-07-2003 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kornkidpr
u dont need 10K dude go here http://www.firestormpc.com and see it for urself ull be amazed LOL
wow, apart from the monitors... that website was done REALLY nice in flash... in fact once of the best ones I've seen! :eek:

-Emo

drknow 18-07-2003 03:13 PM

Hehehe...........Amen to that.

Bryce 19-07-2003 09:24 AM

Found a beautiuful site with wallpapers for dual screens, bur they are not for free... :( Here!
Here are good one´s, too.

slickrenderer 19-07-2003 11:54 AM

If you see which company made that Flash website then you will know why it so cool.
F1 are really good.

Renderizer 19-07-2003 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my selfmade wallpaper for dual screen.

Simple, yet effective. :D

Bryce 19-07-2003 02:06 PM

I tried to made screens in UT2003, all options to the limit...
Man, I forgot the thing with the FOV etc. ... :D

drknow 20-07-2003 05:58 AM

I can set a wallpaper for each screen, so I dont have to worry about mine stretching.

Bryce 22-07-2003 03:08 PM

Ooookay guys... Got 2 Monitors... Got Ati´s Radeon 9600... I know that question has already been asked, but cannot find it. How to set up other wallpapers for each monitor?

Renderizer 22-07-2003 11:37 PM

Sorry - don't know about the Radeon cards.

I'm with nVidia.

drknow 23-07-2003 04:02 AM

Me too. I was thinking of radeon. Check out their site. It may help a bit.

M 24-07-2003 05:08 AM

bryce, if you want to set a different wallpaper for each monitor.. then i would take your two favourite wallpapers, double the width and put them side by side in a photoshop file, save as jpeg and apply it (Y). I think thats what your asking. Thats just my thoughts though, i personally dont have 2 monitors at the moment because if i did it i would do it right with 2 flats 19inchers or something. im a major ati fan, seeing i rarely if ever play games on this computer. The cards have been wonderful and personally i would suggest them... my card at the moment has quite a few new settings tabs (basically 4 times the original ammount of tabs) of options. Its amazing what this thing offers. It does have one graphical feature which is pretty cool where it is called hydravision (i think) it simulates shadows on everything. It can also add some nifty effects to all your windows.. I prefer not to use it though as it does take up more ram.

Bryce 24-07-2003 08:44 AM

@M:
No, he doesn´t stretch it or something like that, he uses the same wallpaper on each screen. :(

drknow 24-07-2003 03:04 PM

Well, on mine when I go into my display settings it will let me set wallpaper for each individual screen. Like I said though, Im using a geforce fx with nview.

dannyngan 03-04-2004 07:17 AM

Multi-monitor setups are fun. :D

http://www.dannyngan.com/temp/mynewsetup.jpg

vladimirjp 03-04-2004 12:22 PM

great input danny ! good to know that :)

hehe!:D