Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   1 On 1 Battles (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Vectorman VS Fredrickson (Tourny continued) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7685)

Vectorman 05-09-2003 04:58 PM

I guess it ends on the 7th. at midnight. I should shoot myself, cause now I have had no time. I won't bore you what with, but i'll definately get some work done tonight. Tomorrow i'm not working till 5pm so i should have some time then, and i'm not sure when i'm working on the 7th but i'll get a little time in. So as usual i'll do all the work at the last minute ;)

ckyuk 05-09-2003 08:39 PM

I don't know if there was a 14 point prize for the winner of the tournament but if there was is the winner of this going to get it?

fredriksson 05-09-2003 09:58 PM

No prize in tourneys I think. And this goes a bit beyond it anyway.

fredriksson 06-09-2003 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Style change.

Vectorman 06-09-2003 09:29 PM

AAAAAAAAAARg, i work way to much, i wish i could compete against this. Oh jeeeeez he's good. I will goto work now, get some nice work done. Oh god i shoulda just left it at a draw! (LOL)

If i were you bjorn, i would take pictures of the crime scene like dectives would (watch some police shows/movies) then agrrange them in a digital manella (i don't know how to spell it, that light tan colour) folder and have it look like a real police report. That might get ya an extra vote or two (not like you need it!)

fredriksson 06-09-2003 10:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, this is my final. This was a fun little project. Will post in finished work also, since not many find their way here. Come on vector, I'm waiting for you to show your skills
:beer:

Vectorman 06-09-2003 11:03 PM

*SIGH* that looks awesome man. I just worked for 2 hours, and my MAYA crashed on my poor 533mhz. I just don't know what to do. I have until tomorrow to lose, so be patient. I've looked quite extensively through maya for the incremental save option can ANYONE SHOW ME WHERE IT IS!!?!?!?

fredriksson 06-09-2003 11:07 PM

It's there, file -> save scene options -> incremental saves. A life saver.

Vectorman 06-09-2003 11:12 PM

jeez, wish i had tried that, well i have not given up, i will try to get some work done tonight but i have to do some homework for my new job (yah i'm working 2 now!) So I'm not promising anything. I may have to challenge you to a rematch at some point cause i feel really bad, to have gone through all this trouble so that YOU would have time, and now i don't.

fredriksson 06-09-2003 11:21 PM

Don't feel pressured to do anything, I know alot of things have priority over this. It's hard to find a week where both have time. Given an interesting subject I can go for a rematch, not immediatly though. I have put maybe 15h into this project, so I'm quite pleased with the results with regards to the time and effort spent.

Vectorman 06-09-2003 11:26 PM

well hopefully i will be able to get that homework done tomorrow, i've decided to work more on it now. I will tackle another part of the scene tho, because this is actually the second time i crashed it working on that damn pipe going down from the sink. Maybe i'll cover it with some counter type thing. But you're work really inspires me so i want to try to have something pretty next to it.

Vectorman 07-09-2003 04:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wip

Vectorman 07-09-2003 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some more stuff. I'm liking this. Put some decent lighting and finish dirtying the textures tomorrow (before midnight)

ckyuk 07-09-2003 11:24 AM

@ Vectorman

I think you did alot better than i first expected you to do and even if you don't win you did well to get to the final and atleast you did what not many other people did and that's have a go at every round, i think very few people did that. Also if you loose i'd say that you lost to the best person in this tournament, and i'd be happy with that if it was me.

Vectorman 07-09-2003 02:17 PM

Thank man means alot. This battle is not lost yet, but i will be soon ;)