Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   october challenge- plugzplay- newbie (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8206)

plugzplay 15-10-2003 02:30 AM

hehehehe..... am i that weird geezzzz.... i thought i was normal

plugzplay 15-10-2003 03:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok this is my story board i dont have a scanner so i use my webcam so the thing is blurry anyways my story is kinda groooosssssss hehehehehe

howardporter 15-10-2003 04:38 AM

lol... and Ewwwwww! :D

plugzplay 15-10-2003 06:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
okay i rig kitty so check it out

plugzplay 15-10-2003 06:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
okay heres the walk

gazzamataz 16-10-2003 02:41 PM

Eeewww... indeed - touch of toilet humour eh?

You could call this piece 'Turd in the hole!' I downloaded your Kitty walk and it gives Media Player the jitters and comes up with a bug report...

Are you sure that you have done it right or is it me? I am not sure if I am looking forward to Kitty's crap attack... I think I'll hide :D

plugzplay 16-10-2003 11:55 PM

hehehe...... its more of a poop attack than a kitty crap thingy

Ice Queen 17-10-2003 01:05 AM

Ha, funny, can't wait to see it! hihi

Zyk0tiK 17-10-2003 02:53 AM

can we stick to standard formats like DiVX? i hate intel codecs and crap. annoy me to hell.

plugzplay 17-10-2003 03:52 AM

avi format are kinda big

mtmckinley 17-10-2003 04:04 AM

A couple things:

1) The animation is kinda minimal right now. It would be good if you could perhaps add a some quick and dirty hands and feet to your models, or at least to the poop guy, as he looks like he'd be the most expressive of the two.

2) The arms of kitty don't look like they'd be able to bend down with their current weights. The arms bending back and forth righ tnow are pulling pretty hard on the the sides of the body. You'd need to paint the weights in order to remove the weight of those vertices from the shoulder joint so you'd be able to bend her arms down as well as back and forth.

3) Needs some hip action!

4) Since she doesn't have a mouth, it'd be good to give her eyes some ability to express. Or does she? I noticed your storyboard has her screaming pretty noticeably. :)

5) Like I mentioned before, giving the poop guy some articulated arms with hands would be a big plus. Legs too, but not as important. I'm looking forward to seeing poop guy have some nice expressive facial animation. Especially his "hair" loop thingy. Give that thing some bounce as he moves. :)

Looking forward to it!

plugzplay 17-10-2003 05:29 AM

okay mike ill do my best

plugzplay 17-10-2003 05:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this is my poop hmmmm... thats doesnt sound good.....hehehehe

dave_baer 18-10-2003 01:15 AM

eeeeeewww! doodoo! :p

I agree with Mike about the animation. It's very stiff at this point. Might want to give her some secondary motion in her hips and upper body. Don't move her head so much. When you walk, do you turn your head side to side like that? Hrmmmm... :p

Just giver her more body action and she'll be fine.

:beer:

plugzplay 19-10-2003 11:09 PM

actually am a newbie but am gonna do my best to not dispoint u guys grrrrrr..... i got lots of reading and reseaching to do anyways mike about the hair loop of the poop i dont know what deformer is best to use wiggle or jiggle besides that i dont know how to use those hehehehehe