Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Christmas Outing - uk guys ;) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9022)

Scraggy_Dogg 21-11-2003 04:41 PM

Damn

I managed to drum up a days holiday! :D
But guess that's no use if London is the venue, I really can't see me driving back to Manchester the same night and being up for work on Sunday at 6.00 AM - So - just take some piccy's and I will try next year. :(

Hehe - no way I'm telling the management I don't need the day off now, so I spose that's a consolation... :)

Have a great time and "have one for me" :beer:

RickStefani 21-11-2003 05:07 PM

I wish I could make it to europe. I think it is a little to long of a drive for me.

Scraggy_Dogg 21-11-2003 10:07 PM

Hey Rick, why don't you guys get a USA one together?

Just a thought?

RickStefani 21-11-2003 10:36 PM

Not a bad Idea if we were all a bit closer. We are all spread out across the country so it would take more that a month to put together. The UK ,I heard, you can drive anywere in a day. Not in the US. It can take a few days to drive one way.

Zyk0tiK 22-11-2003 09:35 AM

Scraggy? surely you could get the train?

Scraggy_Dogg 22-11-2003 03:01 PM

Hmm - ZykOtiK - Problem is, I managed to get only one days Holiday - the 13th (Tried for two but they weren't having any of it)
- That means I start work at 07:00am on the 14th (Darn shift work sux) so it's not really possible...
I would love to come see you guy's though - so maybe if we organise another 'outing' sometime I will definitely be coming.

Darkware 22-11-2003 05:14 PM

Hmm. I'd be willing to drive somewhere in the US to meet up with some of you Maya guys. I don't know if there are enough people interested to do this though... It would have to be after the 13th of December for me to do anything though because I have an ACT test on that very day. :( I'm used to driving though. I went from Toronto, Canada to Georgetown, Kentucky in a day one time. It's not really that bad if you drive non-stop like a machine. *points to print above his avatar* heheh

Kevin 24-11-2003 10:12 PM

bump

Ultragames 25-11-2003 07:24 AM

Sure ill go! Somebodys just got to fly me in. heh. Either over Asia, or over US, i think either way is just as far. I dont think i can get much further from you Kev.

gazzamataz 25-11-2003 02:25 PM

Found it!

Great, I finally found out about the Xmas bash!

I don't mind travelling too far, I will have to be driving anyway that day since it is me big brothers birthday bash that night so would have to get back...

Are you all planning on an evening event or would it start in the day? If it started in the day I could make it for the afternoon but I would have to head back home for the evening birthday do.

PonysGirl 29-11-2003 02:18 PM

DRAT!!!!!!!!!!!1

If you geniuses out there could figure a way to make my Jeep float...
Pony and I would be there too...wearing the bells and all.

LMAO

*Hey, I want to see if you all can drink as many beers, as you boast you can.**)

gazzamataz 02-12-2003 11:09 AM

Well, big brothers B-Day bash has been changed to Friday the 12th so I could come along for the visit on the Saturday :)

Has there been any progress on the venue or has it all been blown out? Or am I not invited since I upset Kevin's rat... I don't really dislike rats... they're quite nice... My sister had a pet rat called Stinky ou know...

Kevin 02-12-2003 11:49 AM

ok gazz, I will go through and do a check on all the places we have available. Then the most votes or newest and most sensible place will get the vote, hell I might even do a poll to see what reaction we shall get.

If we get at least 10 people throughout the 3 sites then it would be a good night out I think.

Kevin 02-12-2003 11:59 AM

vote here: http://forums.simplymaya.com/showthr...?threadid=9231