Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What's your real name? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9601)

iron_tick 01-01-2004 05:28 PM

Jason Earl 'J' Man 'Earl The Pearl' Whateva'

dave_baer 01-01-2004 05:48 PM

mtmckinley = Michael J. McKinley

Hrmmm... So what's the t for?

doodle 01-01-2004 06:03 PM

z1mmnd14. Dont belive me, i'll go scan in my birth certificate.

dave_baer 01-01-2004 06:40 PM

Zimmndia?

NitroLiq 01-01-2004 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dave_baer
mtmckinley = Michael J. McKinley

Hrmmm... So what's the t for?

Mt. Mckinley (Denali)....the mountain in Alaska.

dave_baer 01-01-2004 08:40 PM

ahhhhh... :D

PonysGirl 01-01-2004 08:42 PM

My real name is Tamara (Tam for short). The name is russian but I am not. My moms favorite babysitter for my older brothers was named Tamara and she loved the name. So now it is mine as well. I beleive the name is derived from the hebrew name Tamar which means palm tree, the symbol for fertility. (don't go there guys LOL)

NightPhantom 01-01-2004 08:43 PM

Quote:

Huh? :confused:
What's confusing about that????

dave_baer 01-01-2004 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NightPhantom

America (the continent, not the country)
Funny, I always thought they were one in the same. :D

But then again, there's North America and South America.

Ultragames 01-01-2004 09:11 PM

Tyler.

im not that fond of it, whatever. Parents wanted to name me a unique name. At the time, neither had ever known anyone named Tyler. That didnt last long did it? lol

mtmckinley 01-01-2004 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NitroLiq
Mt. Mckinley (Denali)....the mountain in Alaska.
Correct. :)

Mt. McKinley was named after the American President William McKinley who was in office around 1900. He's a relative and I thought it'd be a cool moniker. :)

kbrown 01-01-2004 11:00 PM

Kari Brown. My first name is finnish (close to Gary;)) and the rest english. My dad's a brit and thus the english names...

NightPhantom 02-01-2004 01:10 AM

Quote:

Funny, I always thought they were one in the same. :D

But then again, there's North America and South America.

Well, here in US people use "America" to refer to United Stated Of America, but that's just it, it's "of" America. America is the name of the continent in which USA is located. So normaly when I say America I am talking about the continet, but because I know Americans could get it wrong I usually specify which I'm talking about.
In this case I am living in "America" the country. but my ancestors moved from the continent known as Europe to the continent known as America, but none of them went originaly to the country (USA).

See, it's not that complicated :p

NitroLiq 02-01-2004 02:35 AM

Pete.

twisteddragon33 02-01-2004 06:16 AM

Mario Dominic Celli III

Italian... obviously.

Origin= I bilieve the name means several things depending on Area, ive heard it mean Sailor, Soldier, Special as some deffinitions among others.

Italian tradition states you should name your child after your father. But my grandfather didnt want to name his child Guliano after his father, he didnt want his kid growing up in buffalo with the name "Julie". So he names his child, my father after himself. Mario jr was born. But to apeas our reletives in italy when i was due, my father names me mario after his father(couldnt name me Guliano because it would upset the balance or something). So there for im mario the 3rd.

I havent heard from my italian relevitves if i should name my first born male mario or guliano... but i guess its upto me.

Um... yeah