View Single Post
# 11 13-02-2004 , 02:16 AM
Do you mean the purchase in general?
Or, if Apple bought them?

In general, nothing, but like any new ownership comes hessitant sales/investments, plus the fear the whole situation strikes in the hearts of the regular customer, and the customer-to-be.

However, if Apple, or one of thier publicly known 12 "private equity firms" buys Alias, well, lets just say, it would not be pretty.

H O W E V E R.....DUNCAN SPOKE ON THIS A FEW HOURS AGO....see below:
(for thos who do not know, Duncan wrote Maya PaintFX, among other things..)

From his email to the Highend3D list:

I would like to once and for all, to finally put this longstanding rumor to rest... we are not being purchased by Apple! The talks are with a "private equity firm" (which excludes Apple).

It has been fun reading all the posts and venting on this topic over the ages.

Duncan

Like I stated above, my boss (Apple zealot, ask Kev) claims there are 12 publicly known "Apple-owned private equity firms", and who-knows how many UNknown.

They do NOTHING but buy up other technologies to mash into the Apple grinder, just like Microsoft and other corporations do.
It is called an "acquisition". It happens all the time, and usualy for the better.

The problem, as you all have seen and very well know, is that Apple has an ALARMING history of underhanded "blitzkrieg acquisitions" that pull the rug out from under ONLY ONE specific group of people, those of us with PC architecture, specificly Windows OS users.

I'll follow Bill G. to the grave before buying into the Apple "SS" mentality.

whew....

Ok, I'm done with this.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com