Thread: depressed
View Single Post
# 6 07-03-2004 , 12:52 AM
Subscriber
I'm a little depressed too I think. I'm not the least bit motivated to make anything in 3D. I have a nice portfolio on my website which is more than enough to get me into the college I want to go to, so I don't really see any need to improve it. The thing I'm really worried about is how much infasis companies hiring 3D modelers put on the ability to draw. Right now, I really stink at conceptual art and can't really see myself improving much at all. I have always had a difficult time coming up with creative ideas for new models and whatnot and that sort of scares me... :\

What I can and really enjoy doing is taking excellent conceptual drawings done by other people and turning them into 3D models. The only problem is that I can't find any excellent drawings anywhere and that most of the good ones have a crappy design to them. I like making robots and the like.....

Here is one of Dolmuji's pieces that I found on CGTalk. This is the quality I want in a sketch, but most sketches don't come near to having this fine of detail. :\

Attached Thumbnails

www.Darkware3D.com