View Single Post
# 1 07-03-2004 , 10:23 PM
Subscriber

Copyright Issues

ok, I'm just going to try to get something straight. The last thing I want is to end up with a fine or in jail because I screwed up on my end...

I know if you model something from a concept drawing someone else did, you have to credit that person. Now... what exactly is acceptable for doing that? Can I just say on the webpage I stick my image on that so-and-so was the original conceptualist and let that be it or do I actually have to stick his name on the mage itself?

I did a Rooivalk helicopter model for one of the challenges a while back here and used a bunch of pictures from google and other sites for references. On the webpage I have the image on (www.darkware3d.com/helicopter.html) do I have to say what images I used for reference even if they were just general images any person could take? Do I have to list the websites I went to obtain the images from? Do you only have to give credit if the images you used are conceptuals?

The WIP section of my site is filled with images of a military base I modeled for a game-type environment. I used a conceptual image from https://www.artbyfeng.com/ for the main room, but the other rooms, hallways, etc were my own ideas. Do I have to only give credit to feng for the images I have of the main room which I modeled from his concept or do I have to give credit for every image I stick up on my website? If I had a guess, I'd say I only have to give credit for the images of the main room which came from the conceptual.

whew... ok. I really hope I can get some responces because I don't want to screw up on my end.

EDIT*: also, is it illegal to place images on the web of conceptual drawings if they're from a book you paid for?

www.Darkware3D.com

Last edited by Darkware; 07-03-2004 at 10:40 PM.