Thread: Alpha-I shuttle
View Single Post
# 18 09-04-2004 , 06:43 PM

modelling

Originally posted by jam_ed
hey dvnobles, you model looks great

can you tell me wich tutorials you used for learning? I want to learn ship modelling too....

Hi!
Thanks!
Not sure what skill level you are at, but here is what I've done so far... go through all the Maya movies: HELP-->Learning movies.
Then take all the included tutorials: HELP-->Tutorials. They are fairly quick to go through. You can leave the last 4 out until you want to dive a little deeper. If you are just beginning, don't worry at all that what you make doesn't look exactly like what is in the tutorial...and don't be afraid to play around with it and try new things. Try making models just for the fun of it and learning experience. Then come here to simply Maya and take all the free tutorials that you think will help you or interests you. Then as your skill level grows, you may want to buy some tutorials here. I did and it really helps to "see" how some things are done. I learn something new almost every time I use the program, so don't get discouraged. Everytime I didn't understand something, I looked it up in the HELP or asked in the online newbies forum...and I still do. Hope this helps. There is nothing specific to ship modelling that I have seen, but you can apply all the tutorial learning to creating your own. I have created a tutorial on "Modeling a spacecraft in no time flat". If you are interested, I can try to get it down to a reasonable size to post on the web somewhere.
=-=Dan