View Single Post
# 13 07-05-2004 , 11:20 AM
Well it was not really supposed to be a humanoid alien....that was actually my self-portrait human head in its earlier stages, lol! Thanks for the compliments about it though stedo! The two posts I made before the two "alien head" posts are the actual more recent self-portrait head model (the woman head with the hair with the front and side view). I hope to texture the self-portrait head to look more like myself! user added image As far as this "alien-like human head," I think I may have lost the original model by oversaving it as my self-portrait head continued to progress. user added image So....it looks like no texturing of this "humanoid alien" head will ever really happen. Actually transferring Rhino to VIZ/MAX really is not that hard. I save it as a 3DS or IGES/IGS model (as long as ALL of it is NURBS for IGES/IGS) and it works great in VIZ or MAX. I have not tried a Rhino/Maya combo yet, but I really want to try it.....you never know what is possible! user added image 3D VIZ, which the most recent version is simply called "Autodesk VIZ," is VERY similar to 3D Studio Max, but just some things are changed around in it. If you are familiar with 3D Max, then the transition between the two isn't that much different....but it is possible VIZ may not have all of the same features as Max. We use an older version of VIZ (before Autodesk took over I think), so I do not know the features in the more recent version.

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)