View Single Post
# 15 07-05-2004 , 01:33 PM
Hi again stedo! Yeah, well I am not as familiar with VIZ as I am with Rhino, I guess since I am beginning to get pretty comfortable using NURBS now, where VIZ is better at editting Polygons and at rendering. I am still fairly new to 3D Max, but I really want to continue learning the program as well as Maya. Hopefully one day soon I can start posting works from Maya on this forum! user added image Also, stedo, thanks so much for the compliment on my self-portrait head model! user added image I think what you are probably noticing about the eyes is the "wrinkles" around the eyes. I have been trying to smooth them out, but to no avail. The head is in POLYS right now, so Rhino can't really help much with it. I tried a "Relax" in VIZ over the area around the eyes, but that did not work....is there anyway to do it in MAX to smooth out the area? If anyone can tell me, I would greatly appreciate it! Since I am considering character modeling to become my career, I really want to learn all I can about these programs. What do you all think would be the best for me to do though? I am an undergrad. at college right now majoring in Computer Art, but only ONE course is offered in 3D Modeling, which I am taking now. I really would love to continue learning these programs and creating projects, but does that mean I should go to Grad. school for computer animation, or is there another alternative so I will not need to go to grad. school? Or should I just use the programs, read tutorials, and teach myself? Also, do any of you know any good schools in or close to Maryland with a good education in animation so I can receive a grad. degree if that is the best alternative? Any help or advice would be appreciated! user added image Also, once I get the chance to work on my self-portrait some more, I will be sure to post the updates! user added image

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)