View Single Post
# 10 09-10-2002 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber
Yep, you're right. It was an illusion. I selected the coin as it spun around and the green outline of the edges flickered. Well, now that I have got it to slowly speed up and the hold it's rotation 20 seconds into the animation, I want to slow it back back down. Here's what I have so far:

Coin.rotateY = time * 50 * time;
if (time > 20) Coin.rotateY = time * 1150;

Now, I have worked with an expression several times, but cannot get it to work to slow it down. The expression would start out like this - if (time > 40) Coin.rotateY = ?

Basically, the coin is spinning around 1150 degrees per second. To make it gradually slow down, we must subtract a given amount from the equation. I thought of "reversing time * 50 * time thinking it would work, but I can't figure out a way. If it is possible to divide in expressions, that might work.
if (time > 40) Coin.rotateY =
time * 1150 (divided by) <an increasing number here>
If the last number is not an increasing number, it will not slow down. (I think) So, the only increasing number I know of to stick in here is "time." If there is a way to insert a number you want and have it increase however many numbers you prefere, that would work, too. *sigh*

www.Darkware3D.com