Thread: Spitfire
View Single Post
# 36 06-07-2004 , 04:23 PM
Subscriber
O.K. Sir Avalon here are my coments... not that I am a Spitfire nut but if you wanna get it right then you need to fix a few things!

1. What version of Spitfire are you modeling? If it is a Mk1 (since it is attacking He-111s in the movie then I assume it is Battle of Britain era) then you have the wrong exhaust - a Mk1 had the three exhaust manifold like the Hurricane. Also if it is Battle of Britain the aramament is all wrong. A Mk 1 would have eight Browning machine guns - NO CANNON - that didn't happen until the Mk V came along.

2. Has the image below been distorted in Motion blur if not then you need to streatch the fuselage and move that aerail forward to just behind the cockpit. You will also need to bubble the front of cockpit. At the moment it is completely FLAT!

3. As for the animation well... I don't think there is any plane in the world that can dive like that and pull up as fast into a vertical climb. The G force wiould be horrific and a plane like the Spitfire would just fall apart... Make him come down at a shallower angle and climb smoother it will look a lot more convincing.

There, I hope that didn't hurt user added image Apart from that it's looking good except for the repeating sea pattern but you knew that anyway...

Attached Thumbnails

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com