View Single Post
# 56 31-07-2004 , 06:59 AM
Great job on the model!

This is very timely. I just watched Pentagon Wars with Kelsy Grahmer (SP) and it was about the making of the Bradley. It has to be the funiest movie I have seen about government waste and self interest. It should be required viewing by all U.S. bureacrats and government officials. I highly recommend renting and watching the movie. I promise you'll laugh your buttocks off.

Paraphrasing from the movie when the colonel responsible for live fire testing hears the news that the program was approved...

....(as he looks in disbelief at the blueprint hanging on the wall) They're going to build this? This? The scout vehicle that is too conspicuous to scout, looks like a tank, and carries twice as much explosive ammunition but has aluminum armour that catches on fire and emits toxic gas, is amphibious, but sinks, was designed to carry 11 men, but can only hold 5....

For those that did not know the Bradley was designed as a joint military project. It took 17 years and cost 15 Billion (that's with a "B") to produce. It is living proof that if a mouse was designed by a government commitee it would look something like an elephant (only bigger and less efficient!).

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 31-07-2004 at 10:05 AM.