View Single Post
# 7 04-08-2004 , 10:12 PM
Interesting, interesting.

And education (were the benefits are underpercieved by both the individual and the group (country/world...) and thus under produced and demanded)

I don't know if I agree with that- or at least, the statement needs to be more specific.
It is not so much (I would say) a lack of 'production and demand' of education that the country (I am writing from the US) suffers from, but more a lack of focus and direction in that education, which is a different issue.
Maybe considering education and it's benefits an externality is a problem in other countries, but it's already a pretty well-discussed issue in the US.
I would even say there is too much focus on so-called education at a University level- a lot of useless degrees and equally useless students coming out of the system. Four years would be much better spent working for many of them. But that's not really the issue at hand.

Eh.

I'm in the middle of reading More's 'Utopia'....is it supposed to be sarcastic, or does it just come across that way because we've seen communism try and fail?

-katie

"a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - rwe