View Single Post
# 74 07-10-2004 , 05:53 PM
Subscriber
Hi Mike,

Unfortunately I'm a little late on giving you suggestions. But perhaps for the next or so.. perhaps you could have a chapter on guidelines for designing your demo reel for the game industry. Sort of a standards guide almost, the course I'm taking many of the graduates end up usually in the game industry.. unfortunately I finding the other few students who aren't getting jobs. Their reels horrendous in terms of what they place into their reel. The length of it, bad animation, too high of a poly count, just overall bad.

Now I know that every company has different modelling tests and such, but who knows perhaps they'll start using the Mike McKinley demo reel standards guide. lol user added image Ideally for myself, I guess I'd like to know how long a standard reel should be. I've heard anything from 30sec to less than 5min. If I wanted to add music to my reel, do the companies turn off the sound while viewing them? If I'm applying to become a modeller, texturer and or dynamics artist.. should I avoid completely adding animation in my reel not to confuse the viewer?

These are just a couple suggests.. questions..

BillyZ

https://www.verticalincline.com