View Single Post
# 59 14-11-2004 , 12:41 PM
Thanks for the comments on my model, Kerosene and NitroLiq! user added image I will take all that you both said into consideration! user added image

Kerosene: I see what you are saying about the arm. I guess I went a little overboard when doing the chest armor. I know the muscle structure you are referring to, although I do not know the name of it neither. :bored: So, don't worry about not knowing the name. user added image I will try and make the armor not get too close to the armpit...I really DO need to fix that! Also, thanks for the advice on the patch modeling tuts. I will need to take a look into it. user added image I have never worked with patch modeling before, but I am always willing to try something new!

NitroLiq: You are right, trying to attach all of those NURBS shapes can be a pain! user added image I am going to try different techniques though and see which one works best. I was considering just converting the model to POLYS and then tweeking it from there, but I like to see how far I can go with NURBS. I am actually better at using NURBS though than I am with POLYS. I really don't have much experience with using POLYS, and I tend to work at a faster pace with NURBS. I tried doing a POLY head once...and it just didn't turn out that well at all... :o I really do not use any NURBS primitives for my models. Rather, I just create my own NURBS shapes by making tons of curves and then using such commands as lofting and such. I actually learned to primarily use NURBS when I took my Computer 3-D Modeling course, so that is probably why I am so familiar with it more so than POLYS, even though I am still learning how to use NURBS even to this day! user added image I always wanted to learn how to model with POLYS someday...hopefully someday soon (once the semester is over) I can sit down with a nice poly tut and learn how to model in POLYS. user added image

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)