Thread: Bot War
View Single Post
# 1 21-12-2004 , 06:05 PM

Bot War

Hello everyone!

Here is a project that I have started for my demo reel. I have a ton of stuff that I have done for my job but that is all military related so I want something different to add to the reel.

I am kind of figuring this out as I go and don't really know what will come of it. I am looking to creat a 2-3 min animation with this bot, or many of these bots as the main character. One idea is to make the animation look like a documentary of the testing that this thing would go through for deployment if it where a real war machine i.e, movement, tracking, live fire test, etc. etc. The other is a battle scene between Bot.

At any rate here are some stills and some test animations to show you where I am at. Any C&C more then welcome!!!!!!!!!

Animation

Here is a Highres still from the tracking test animation

user added image

Live Fire Test.mov

HR Still from the fire test....

user added image

The modeling is done and the texturing is up in the air. I am thinking of adding way more detail to it but at the same time I like the new clean look to. Heavy partical systems have been added to cannons with collision events and dynamics for sparks on impact.

The Balls are also running on Dynamics and the bot is set up to track the balls with a locator acting as an aim point. The guns are also set up with trigger systems that allows me to simply turn a nurb circle to turn them on and off through the use of driven keys rather then having to go to the emitter and keyframe it.

More to come....

D.

My Site
BotWar W.I.P.
C17-Crash

Last edited by Dragon3D; 28-12-2004 at 04:07 PM.