Thread: cloth
View Single Post
# 1 14-01-2005 , 03:21 AM

cloth

recently i have been creating a chacacter that requires me to give him a trenchcoat.......well to make a long story short i have made the trenchcoat as u should see in the picture below. but i set up everything to make it act like cloth i gave it cloth properties and all that good stuff. so it should pretty much move like cloth and do what i want it to do right .......WRONG............when i hit play i wait for minutes and minutes ...........THEN 20 minutes later it is still on the same frame it has been on since the BEGGINING...maybe my computer isn't fast enough or something is wrong with the cache.............i know my computer is not the problem because it was working before...........when i sarted off making the cloth it moved fine. i started having the problems when i was making the colar of the trenchcoat..........i made the colar by extruding it from the tranchcoat cloth mesh. maybe i shouldnt have made it this way. would it have been better if i made the colar as a seperate mesh. ......if so, how do i make it a seperate mesh..........actually i know how to make a seperate mesh but how would i attach it to the original cloth mesh.............................................. ...............i am really like confused out of my skin right now.............could some1 give me some tips on how to create cloth..................................

Attached Thumbnails