View Single Post
# 1 19-01-2005 , 06:47 PM

Air Fields - > Softbodies

Hi all.

--> I'm using version 6.0.1

I've gotten stuck in Maya again, not sure why but I can't seem to make this dynamics effect work, maybe you could help, heres what I did.

Created a nurbes Plane, attached a surface emitor changed the rate to around 5 can't remember for sure its not that important, these particles are viewed as sphere and they are moving in the negative Y (down) towards another nurbs plane that is made into softbody and the copy of that plane is soft -- standard stuff.
There is a turbulance field on the softbody object its works looks like ocean waves I got the rivet script and there are ocean floaters --yadia yadio, great so all of that is fine, what I can't do is this.

I am trying to emit an air field from each of the individual particles that are coming down on the ocean surface.

-->I would like the particles representing meteors to make surface impacts in the ocean.

Heres what I did.

Fields -- create air field reset to defaults. then picked the air field just created and shift select the particles that are the meteors and then go to fields an emit from obect.

Okay it looks alright little air filed sines on all of my meteors so it looks like their are the emiting object.

Then I go into the dynamics relationship editor and assign the airfiled to the ocean surface.

I believe that I need to turn ON attenuation as I would like to see the effects of the meteors as they are hitting the surface and thus there is a question of distance, but I could be wrong and I may need to have this attenuation to OFF.

I tried increasing the inherited velocity to see if there was an effect nothing, nada zip ????

The particles just go right through the softbody?

Ideas??

Thanks