View Single Post
# 5 19-01-2005 , 07:19 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hi Chad
Many thanks for you comments. The scenes do fill up as we go along thru the story, I did want that emptyness in the opening shots. Once we hit the second chapter it will visually start to fill up, as theres a town and interiors to be shot, and more people.

But on this point, my friend and I (who is also doing his own 3d graphic novel) were discussing shots in various comics/novels etc and were saying that theres really very few shots in them with loads of detail. Its usually the opening shot that establishes the scenes of the whole chapter/story.

Its nice to hear that somebody else wants to do their own novel too. If you want any crit or whatever feel free to email me. I am actually a 3d comic artist. Its my day job. Ive been doing it for 5 years, and did many long hours in the beginning, 15hrs+ a day, but I learnt a hell of alot. I work at News International/The Sun newspaper doing their daily cartoon strip, The Premier, we use Maya and PS. I used to do the Striker Cartoon but left shortly after it became a weekly comic, that was where I learnt 'the trade'. Although I absolutely love animated movies etc, I just adore comics and have found them more challenging to do because people will just look for things to pick at and study the images and look for 'the things that are wrong', whereas animation, you can get away with more because its gone in the blink of an eye.

Thanks again
_J