Thread: Why Maya?
View Single Post
# 37 28-10-2002 , 03:32 PM
Supreme Being

Originally posted by philip - liquid.arts

I posted a render done in LW in the forums and didn't get bashed. That's very special. I have seen maya boards where newbies get constantly flamed for asking "silly" questions. Lots of RTFM. They even advised newbies to search the web for 3 hours, read the manual, search the web again for 3 hours and only ask their question if they haven't come across the answer by then... excuse me your majesty, but what is a Q&A forums use then? If there are people experienced enough to just answer the question in a few seconds, why don't they do it? And if they don't bother to do so, why do they reply at all? Strange behaviour. I like to figure out by myself as much as I can, but I don't frequent forums where newbies are treated that way.

You have a very special place here. Don't break it.

(and forgive me for this lengthy post)

well i was also amazed with this place of it's friendly atmosphere when i got here the first time too.. thats probably why i stayed here anyway.. ]
i know when i got here there where only another 57 members! lol
it was easier to achive a friendy atmosphere.. but now there's over 2k members and it still is this way.. i honestly believe that this is among the best forums on the web, if not THE best!

np about the long length post.. it's nice to hear whats on ppl's mind's.. :p