View Single Post
# 2 27-02-2005 , 09:32 AM
Time is running out so here is my final entry. A tough post apocalyptic warrior girl whom you don't wanna mess with.

I'm pleased with the result, as it was my first attempt at a human character, and also my first attempt at low poly. I tried to keep the whole thing below 3500 triangles. She is at 3220 triangles (mostly the head and the hands), and the knife is 128 triangles. Textures are 512*512 for body, 512*512 for hair, and 256*256 for the knife. if anyone wants i'll post up wires and textures.

I've gotta say that i really learnt a lot doing this challange. I learnt how to lay out the uvs (previously i just didn't use any file textures) and how to paint different types of textures, skin tone, hair metal. Also i learnt a decent amout about human character modelling and also a lot about rigging. For anyone who cares, this character has reverse foot controls, ik/fk switching for the arms and a ful set of phenome blend shapes. I even tried some lip sinc and walk cycles for this character that maybe i'll post at another time.

Attached Thumbnails