View Single Post
# 6 24-03-2005 , 03:53 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
it is getting there but the saturation of the wood objects is way off. What did you adjust in the shader? It looks like you may have just upped the diffuse or ambient which isn't really the way to go about it user added image

No the wood shader is a default blinn except that the cabinet door shader I increased the color offset because for some reason when I assigned the same shader between the cabinets and its' doors, it came out to flat and you couldn't see the seperation between the doors and the cabinets.

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
As for the lighting I'm not sure, it just doesn't feel right at the moment. Maybe it's worth you doing the modelling first (which is what you're really supposed to do user added image ) so that you can see how you're lighting works with the real objects you're planning on using.

I have to agree on continueing to model which I have been doing. Also I have found a book on the internet called "3D Lighting: history, concepts, and techniques" which it includes indoor lighting. So I am waiting for that to be shipped. Also I have purchased a book called "Maya 5 Fundemntals" which gives examples of using a lot of low intensity point lights, and to increase the dmap filter so that it doesn't cast a lot of sharp shadows. In addition to the lighting not giving the right feeling I think that it also has to do with the wall textures casuing the problems as well. In my opinion, the walls seem like their a little blurry. And I also had mention in here asking if there was any way I could just adjust the saturation through Maya, or should I just increase the textures saturation in PS?

Anywho, for now I am holding off on the lighting until I get all my details done and when I get the "3D Lighting: History, Concepts, and Techniques" book.

Thanks for the help dudes.