View Single Post
# 113 10-05-2005 , 12:18 AM
Subscriber
Falott, no prob. There is over 398 geometry objects on it. Back just befor I started working on the hydrolic's on the leg. So yeah many things are broken up in to difrent objects. For intersecting, not many things do at all. I had to think about it for a moment. For instance, each of the spine peaces is a sphere that had part choped off and extruded out the rest of the way to form the rest of the "bone". To make the other end. a duplicat, scaled up verstion of the sphere was used to boolean the cup each ball goes in to . so they fit fine. The hydrolic covers on each one are seprat. place in to position thin duplicated 120 degrees around it from the center, with a offset. So the meshes dont' acualy go in to each other. The tendents on this next pic. I have a semi-transparent lamber I use to tell when it starts to tuch the bone.

OK about this pic. Working more on it. This is a lot like the final verstion of the leg will be like. The tendents are the wrong color texture right now. There are still parts missing. Like attachment points for some of the tendents are still not there. The Hydrolic feed lines are not on it etc.. But with detail like this I find it best to bild it up gradualy. I'm not working to a exact refrance.
user added image