View Single Post
# 1 11-08-2005 , 05:48 PM
Subscriber

Losing inspiration...

hmm yea.. i see all the great artists here and i wish i could be that good... but sometimes when i try to do the simplest things... i dont know how to do them... i havent modeled anything in the past 3 or 4 days.. i just dont know where to start or what to do.. i did the dog tutorial by kurt.. loved it.. i made 1 dog... it sucked... then made another.. turned out pretty ok.. then when it comes to texturing it.. i cant do it correctly.. even if i somehow manage to the make the UV Map somewhat decent.. when im in photoshop.. i dont know how to create realistic textures.. i did the dragon head tutorial as well. modeled it.. look decent.. but there are so many poly's in the head... that its impossible for me to make a UV Map.. :-/ grr.. :-/ how did u guys begin maya... what did u start on.. what did u learn first? heh i saw Vim's WIP.. and thats great... 16 years old.. only 7 months.. amazing kid... i just turned 19 today and i cant even make simple objects look realistic... heh im really thinkin of gettin Mike's book ... :-D although i like his vid tutorials easier..