View Single Post
# 1 04-09-2005 , 12:44 PM
Subscriber

Booleans Union Problem

Dang, I post alot of help threads lol.

Well, let me get straight to the point. I'm following the four video free tutorial concerning creating a cartoon dog, and so far everything is going relatively well, except for one issue. I just finished converting the leg from a Nurbs cylinder to polygons, and after shaping it correctly and merging the 6 or so polygons that were on the tip of the toe, I attempted to boolean --> union the leg with the body/head (both were already merged succesfully). Unfortunately, every time I did this, the leg and the body would dissappear (not get hidden, but turn into a new polygon shape in the outliner and dissappear completely in the windows. I then cleaned up some of the polygons that made the leg connect to the body (after undoing the union) and then attempted to union again. This time the two parts merged, but the tip of the toe magically was attached to the middle of the dog's torso. I can't understand why this happens, but it always does happen. I attached an .mb file that shows the problem if that may help someone figure out whats wrong. Help would be greatly appreciated here, as I can't continue on in the tutorial without figuring this out.

PS I am also unable to ever have wireframe on shaded in effect, I click it in the shading menu, but it never does anything. Not a huge issue, but still quite annoying.

(Taken from polygon and sub-d forums since that section doesn't seem to be viewed often)

Thanks so much.

Attached Files