View Single Post
# 178 12-11-2002 , 03:35 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by adldesigner
Hello, Everybody!
Babyduck: I´m pleased with the way your entry is coming, since, I´ve been seeing all your updates. The legs themselves look ok to me, and you´ve even tried cutting them apart. You could try Clean Topology on your model, this should lower a bit filesize, although check that you don´t lose anything in the process. Check upon Maya´s docs for Extracting Polygon Faces, this might give you some pointers on how to extract those legs. Hope it helps bud!

i tried extracting polys - but i got 2 seperate polygons and the subd with its cache stayed the same. and if i transfer the 2 parts back to subd, i loose all the changes i made on subd level (and these are quite a lot - all the edges for instance). and as i have no clue how to texture yet, i will spend rest of the time for texturing, shading, light setting up, and rendering. animating it would be overkill user added image

but one thing i already learned: trying to model something will give a lot of exerience - and if i would make the ant too good, i had nothing to imrove on later :p - not everybody starts with perfect first model