View Single Post
# 7 06-10-2005 , 07:32 AM

Originally posted by ryuhayabusa13
Ihave a similar problem. I have an athlon 64 fx-55 processor, an asus a8v motherboard, an ati radeon 9800 card, and 1.5 ram. One would asume this would be great for a pretty decent speed, but sometimes I am doing simple low poly tasks and it's slow as hell.
Specially whenI try rendering using maya hardware which is supposed to be the fastest since it's using the processor's power and that takes ten times longer than using maya software.

Has any one encountered problems with asus a8v dlx motherboards and the athlon 64 fx-55 processors? I am pissed off i spent my whole income tax check to get a good system to run maya on and I have encountered lots of problems with it.

1) Hardware Render is designed for FireGL, not Radeon -- Simply switching from GeForce to Quadro I turned a 90-some frame render (exactly the same) with hardware particles from 45-50 minutes to ~1 minute 30 seconds... that's the EXACT same card -- just different drivers.
2) Clear your history often... I was running on a 1000-poly scene and it locked up repetitively... cleared history and it was 100% primo.

Anything more than those 2 basic tips -- you'll need to show more -- like "hijack this" and such.