View Single Post
# 13 10-10-2005 , 01:17 PM
Subscriber
heh i didn't expect this topic to be brought back anytime soon, well i made this project to experiment with visual effects and compoisiting.. also to test my texturing skills on a really badly modelled aircraft.

anyways the movie was created in after effects, its a very powerful tool which i recently learned... as you can see in the video (for those that watched it) the video footage was one entire clip, so to place the ship and effects behind the footage involved alot of masking and in some areas photoshop skills.
however i think theres better compositing software out there if you can afford it, i heard Shake was suppose to be quite good. adobe does offer a free 30day trial for after effects which you can download from their site.

movie maker is a very basic program for video editting and its not worth the trouble trying to work on it, considering it tends to crashes your comp once your project goes over 5gb.

i'm currently working on a new project titled:
1947: The Battle for Atlantis which takes place 2 years after world war 2. will be starting a WIP thread within the next month or two after I get the prelimary sketches and research done.

3D Modeler and Texture Painter (Learning)
"We have limits.... our imagination does not"

Final Year: University of Bradford (Worst place to live and study in the UK!!)

Last edited by cung; 10-10-2005 at 01:21 PM.