View Single Post
# 14 23-10-2005 , 06:19 PM
Subscriber
it depends on what stage you are in your degree... if its in your first year then dropping out isn't so bad so long as you know where your going next.
if your in your second year+ then it would be the better idea to finish the degree since you've already comitted a lot of funds to it.. (unless money isn't a factor for you).
During your studies, in any free time start to work on the 3D package, there are many excellent resources to get you on the road to learning 3D.

However i do not recommend you going to European University to study 3D, whether a BSc/Ba or a Msc/Ma, because its a waste of time and money.. in a European University they only teach you a very limited amount.. the best place to study is either Gnomon over in the US or at the Vancouver Film School (both very expensive!! :s , or maybe a uni over in the US depending on reputation) or the more affordable place if your in europe is at Escape Studios over in London (UK), their comprehensive course covers the vast majority of fields in maya and if your a graduate you can apply for skillset funds scheme which will reduce the course price from £3000 i think to £1000, best thing about that studio is, is that through them you start to build a decent portfolio (which in my opinion is far greater than you can get from studying in any university) and they also try to get you a job through their links (no guarentee's)
If you want be an animator then Animator Mentor is fantastic, tutition via online streaming and your tutor will be a professional! a colleague of mine has joined up and is being taught by a Pixar Animator! i'm actually quite jealous lol.

good luck!

3D Modeler and Texture Painter (Learning)
"We have limits.... our imagination does not"

Final Year: University of Bradford (Worst place to live and study in the UK!!)