View Single Post
# 108 04-11-2005 , 02:35 PM
@Lisa: I just looked back over my posts and I can't see where I slagged off tracking. I said it isn't fun and in my experience it isn't. I have worked very closely with the tracking department on a lot of shots especially on the last movie I was on (the impossible shot that you kindly offered to track user added image) I sit next to someone that was in tracking for over a year and has only just got out and into a junior td position and believe me he is very very happy about it. He was very good at it and indeed is pretty much acting as tracking supervisor aswell now (which he's not pleased about user added image). At the end of the day if you've enjoyed your time there and learnt a lot then great, anyone ceonsidering these positions if you get given the opportunity I'd take it because opportunities in this industry can be few and far between. Get your foot in the door and then worry about it afterwards user added image

@THX1138: Why are you giving up before you've tried? Even if you dont quite achieve the level of realism you want at least you are trying and not sitting in your comfort zone. When you pick your subject matter make sure you pick something in keeping with your skill level. I'd be impressed with someone that could model, texture and light some fruit in a bowl for example. If it was hyper real that would be a challenge winning piece IMHO.

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB